Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis is seeking a Senior Qualitative Expert for the an upcoming bid for the USAID/Somalia Monitoring, Verification and Reporting (MV&R) which will provide support for program-related services to program and technical teams in the USAID/KEA/Somalia Office in Nairobi, Kenya. The contract will comprise multiple, simultaneous Task Orders including: implementing an ongoing monitoring system for funded activities; conducting data quality assessments; supporting performance management; providing logistical, administrative, and facilitation support for technical team meetings with partners or other stakeholders for the purposes of planning, monitoring, evaluating and/or learning; and fielding technical assistance. Hiring for this position is contingent upon contract award.
The Senior Qualitative Expert will manage the development, collection, analysis and presentation of qualitative information. He/she will ensure qualitative data collection and analysis is a significant part of the MV&R process. He/she will be expected to travel frequently to Somalia to directly interact with project beneficiaries through key informant interviews, focus groups, etc., and may be asked to conduct ad hoc site visits or plan for and conduct ad hoc qualitative research by USAID. This is a Nairobi-based, full-time position.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight in drafting the qualitative sections of the MV&R reports for each round.
- Develop (in consultation with USAID) tools and protocols to capture relevant qualitative data, which will yield rich qualitative information across each activity.
- Orient USAID staff/field staff/subcontractors on the new/revised qualitative data collection tools, and protocols.
- Review, analyze, and synthesize qualitative data to ensure logical inferences and conclusions are drawn from the findings.
- Triangulate MV&R findings with routine program and evaluation data to provide further insight into program effectiveness and identify opportunities for learning.
- Generate and disseminate synthesized reports and presentations that are tailored to the intended audience.
- At least 5 years of overseas experience in international development conducting qualitative research.
- A bachelor’s degree in the field of evaluation, international development or a related technical field.
- Technical proficiency in at least one of the following fields: democracy and governance, economic growth, education, and stabilization.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including an ability to synthesize and explain complex information to stakeholders.
- Prior experience in a high threat environment.
- Excellent English writing skills and speaking ability.
- Somali language proficiency.
- Understanding of Somali culture and operating environment.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.