The purpose of the project is to implement dynamic, catalytic, scalable, and responsive HIV service delivery packages for KP/PP to accelerate the Dominican Republic’s HIV response to achieve 90-90-90 targets while effecting positive change on the health system to remove barriers that prevent the DR from reaching 90- 90-90. The project has an important QI component at service delivery, sub-national and national levels.
- Leads the design of a QI strategy to achieve the 90-90-90 targets at service delivery levels, both facility and community-based.
- Designs/adapts QI training material, tools and job-aids.
- Builds capacities of the QI teams to run test of changes using the PDSA cycle.
- Builds capacities of sub-national levels to coach QI teams.
- Designs, supports, and builds capacities of the sub-national levels to manage QI Collaboratives and organize learning sessions.
- Builds the capacities of the sub-national levels to scale up improvements.
- Provides guidance to address sustainability issues of the results achieved by QI teams
- Guides national and sub-national stakeholders to develop policies to institutionalize QI within regulatory frameworks.
- Directs and guides a team of technical QI staff of the project.
- Works closely with the health systems strengthening advisor to address barriers to service delivery and improve health systems building blocks.
- Oversees and assesses the implementation of the QI activities and adjusts the strategies based on results and lessons learned
- Documents and publishes results and lessons learned.
- Master’s degree or its international equivalent or higher in public health, or other relevant field.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant, senior-level professional experience managing and implementing quality improvement programs. Application of QI to KP/HIV services preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with the PDSA-based model for improvement and the QI Collaborative model.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience with USAID-funded programs preferred.
- Knowledge of and work experience in Dominican Republic preferred.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English and Spanish
- Excellent computer software skills.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.