The Kaizen Company (Kaizen) is a dynamic, fast-moving company that implements prime projects for USAID and the State Department. We specialize in strengthening local actors to achieve development and stability outcomes. We are committed to top-quality implementation, and, as a result, we were selected as USAID’s Small Business of the Year. USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) supports U.S. foreign policy objectives by catalyzing local initiatives to advance stability, peace, and democracy in response to complex political crises.
Role and Responsibilities
The Kaizen Company is seeking a Senior Regional Advisor to be based in the MENA Region. The Middle East Senior Regional Advisor will represent and serve as a liaison between USAID/OTI and a wide array of individuals and institutions including USAID Field Missions, other USAID representatives, regionally based officials from the State Department, the Department of Defense, and other agencies of the U.S. Government, international organizations, and the non-government community abroad on political transition, conflict and post-conflict issues in the region.
- The Sr. Regional Advisor will assist USAID/OTI staff in supporting programs as well as provide independent analysis, advice, and reporting to USAID/OTI.
- She/he will advise USAID/OTI implementing partner(s) on programmatic, and political and security developments in countries in the Middle East and North Africa region.
- She/he will visit, as necessary, ongoing USAID/OTI programs in the region as well as proposed and potential country program sites.
- This position will include up to 50% travel, particularly within the Middle East, North Africa, Europe and the United States.
- University degree in political science, international development, international relations or related field.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible relevant work experience and at least 5 years of supervisory experience.
- At least 5 years working in a developing country with a diverse staff on USAID/OTI project
- Experience in stabilization or post-conflict environments, particularly with program and project management in these environments; Experience in program(s) requiring a highly functional grasp of a U.S. foreign affairs or an international assistance organization’s procedures and practices.
- Experience in contract/grant management.
- Experience in program(s) requiring a highly functional grasp of a U.S. foreign affairs or an international assistance organization’s procedures and practices.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Arabic.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to get Secret level security clearance is required.
- Prior work experience in the MENA region is strongly desired.
In your submitted application please specify the following in your cover letter (1) previous OTI experience (or stabilization experience as applicable), (2) Interest in long or short-term assignments (3) field-specific work experience.
About the Organization
The Kaizen Company (www.thekaizencompany.com) is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals.
We leverage existing knowledge, technology, and new media, and local peer networks to support local reforms. Since our inception, we have provided support to more than 100 government, private-sector, and non-profit organizations in markets worldwide. We have created solutions that achieve outcomes across a broad range of sectors including education, governance, economic growth, environment and water, energy, and global law enforcement.