JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The ABA seeks a Regional Senior Consultant to provide cross-cutting support across the Middle East and North Africa Division at ROLI. The Senior Advisor will support a variety of rule of law-related programs including, but not limited to, the following thematic areas: gender-based violence, alternatives to detention, access to justice, anti-corruption and accountability, judicial education, and criminal law reform. The Senior Advisor may also assist with new business development and proposal activities when needed. This consultancy can be part-time and/or short-term.
· Serve as a subject matter expert and advisor/resource for DC and field staff;
· Work with field and DC-based ABA ROLI staff and international and local experts to facilitate program activities;
· Develop course curricula, activities, and materials when necessary;
· Maintain communication with field and DC-based leadership to ensure timely and accurate updates on programs’ activities
· Support business and proposal development including conducting in person, telephonic or email meetings with partners, conducting research, drafting proposals, providing input on budgets and other related financial matters;
· Establish and enhance effective in person (when feasible) and remote collaboration and relationships with local entities and other partners.
· Possession of a Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school or recognized foreign law school, or possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university
· At least ten years’ experience in one or more thematic areas.
· Extensive knowledge and experience working in the MENA region and experience working in politically sensitive contexts ;
· Experience working on USAID and State Department grants and cooperative agreements is required; experience working on contracts and other donor-funded projects is highly desirable;
· Fluency in English (knowledge of Arabic or French is a plus);
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please submit applications to email@example.com.