SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth is seeking a Senior Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (RMNCH) Specialist for a technical leadership role on the USAID Ingoybi Activity. The Ingoybi Activity will support the Rwandan Ministry of Health (MOH) to contribute to the reduction of infant and maternal mortality and incidence of malaria in Rwanda, focusing on improving the availability, quality and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services and improving the health of women, adolescents, and children under five. The Senior RMNCH Specialist will support the implementation of RMNCH activities by providing mentorship, technical support and supervision to facilities supported by the Ingoybi Activity. S/he will plan and coordinate project activities in close collaboration with MOH district management teams, partners and health facilities. S/he will work with the Ingoybi technical team, districts and health facilities to expand access to skilled birth attendants, the quality and availability of emergency obstetric and newborn care, the integration of RMNCH and Malaria interventions with RMNCH intervention, the scale up of essential newborn care, infection prevention, promotion of prenatal and postpartum care, and community-based approaches to newborn care.
- Provides technical leadership to ensure integration of RMNCH in both the demand and supply side activities of the project.
- Provides technical leadership in design, development, planning, implementation, and capacity-building of specific RMNCH technical components of programs.
- Provides timely and adequate technical support to strengthen service delivery and improve access to reproductive health use of priority RMNCH interventions including tools to guide service quality and integration with other service delivery components of the project.
- Leads the design and implementation of innovative capacity building approaches including on the job training and mentorship to build the competencies, attitudes and motivation to optimize the performance of front line health workers (nurses, clinicians and community health workers) for quality RMNCH service delivery and data use to improve service access and quality.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling own work flow and timetables, within RMNCH technical area.
- Maintain a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with other technical counterparts to effectively support health workers for appropriate integration of RMNCH with other services at all levels of care.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with donors, districts level officials/DHMTs, implementing partners, relevant ministries and agencies, public and private sector entities and is consistently maintained and viewed as a knowledgeable resource in their technical area.
- Ensures that project implementation of the RMNCH strategy adheres to the appropriate national, global strategy and remains technically sound.
- Provides technical support to district health management teams to prioritize RMNCH services in primary health care programs and optimizes the performance of health workers for integrated RMNCH service delivery.
- Works closely and collaboratively with the DHMTs to enhance supervision/mentorship of health workers in order to strengthen integration and delivery of RMNCH services.
- Provides technical assistance to the development or adaptation of evidence based tools to support delivery of quality RMNCH services.
- In collaboration with the M&E team, review, analyze, and evaluate the effectiveness of RMNCH activities and uses data to lead the design of improvements that will ensure the quality of implemented technical activities and systems at all levels.
- Represents the Ingoybi Activity to external entities at related professional and technical meetings and conferences.
- Provides technical and logistic support to the districts within the cluster, DHMTs and health facilities to support integration of MNCH into FP, RH and Malaria interventions.
- Participate and provide logistical support in the planning and implementation of assessments, operations research, and knowledge management activities.
- Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Clinical Medicine or a degree in public health, social sciences
- Minimum 8 years’ experience implementing maternal and child health programs
- Experience in training and mentorship of health care workers on RMNCH program areas
- Previous work with development agencies, NGOs. Experience working with USAID-funded activities is preferred.
- Proficiency in Kinyarwanda and English. French will be an advantage.
- Strong writing and organizational skills for writing case studies, documenting lessons learnt and reporting on program results.
- Previous experience in organizing and providing training and capacity building to staffs and partners.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort
- Employees must have clean and appropriate attire/dress
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Position is mainly in the office and on field assignments
- Requires lifting of 0-10 lbs occasionally or as needed
- Position requires resident work in Rwanda.
About the Organization
Why join IntraHealth?
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1