Senior Research, Assessment, Analysis and Learning Advisor,
USAID/Colombia Monitoring Evaluation and Learning project,
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
** Colombian nationals are encouraged to apply **
The upcoming USAID/Colombia Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) contract will provide technical advisory services related to MEL to the USAID/Colombia mission. The overall purpose of this anticipated project is to facilitate informed program management decisions, shape the long-term strategic direction of programs and decision-making within the Mission, and enable USAID/Colombia to comply with USAID’s Evaluation Policy. The project will enhance the Mission’s MEL capability and to ensure empirical evidence for programming, learning, and adapting.
The Senior Research, Assessment, Analysis and Learning Advisor will provide technical leadership for research, assessment, analysis, and learning activities to support USAID’s evidence-based learning and decision-making. This will include:
- Designing, managing, and conducting assessments, special studies, and analyses.
- Promoting strategic research and analysis collaborations.
- Curating evidence across monitoring, evaluation, assessment, analysis, and outside evidence sources to answer complex research questions.
- Leading meetings, workshops, and conferences with USAID, stakeholders, and implementing partners to discuss research findings, share lessons learned and best practices, and develop recommendations.
- Facilitate the development of learning agendas and best practices; and
- Support USAID staff in aligning policies, practices and processes with lessons learned.
- Master’s degree in social sciences or a related field.
- At least 10 years of experience leading, designing and conducting social science, public policy, or international development research, evaluation, and analyses, of which at least three (3) years of experience should be for international development projects, preferably for USAID.
- Experience in analyzing multiple and diverse data sources, such as monitoring, evaluation, and statistical data sources, surveys, focus groups, archival documents, and other sources to synthesize findings and answer complex research questions and present research findings in accessible, visually engaging formats.
- Excellent team management, including working with and leading subcontractors (both individuals and firms).
- At least three years of experience conducting research in Latin America, preferably in Colombia.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Spanish required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.