Are you looking for the opportunity to make your mark on your organization? Do you have wide-ranging interests and contacts in international development? Do you have the creativity to leverage existing programs to expand the business footprint of your organization? Welcome to your next opportunity! JBS International is seeking a Senior Research Associate/International Business Development Director to work with a dedicated team of professionals in the expansion of its international business. Key responsibilities include:
• Develop and execute a strategic plan for the expansion of the international division, and
• Provide strategic thinking on existing and potential marketing opportunities to expand the business base of JBS by identifying and leading capture on current and future business opportunities.
• Define outcomes and expectations based on customer requirements,
• Ensure that all contract deliverables are fulfilled meeting high quality and quantity standards, and
• Anticipate potential problems and institute controls and contingency plans to address them.
External and Internal Client Management
• Maintain positive relationships and develop rapport with JBS clients.
Staff Development and Talent Acquisition
• Identify key skill sets needed for market positioning and competitive advantage, and
• Develop a talent development/acquisition plan (as part of overarching strategic plan or separately).
Company Well Being and Initiatives
• Share business experiences with peers to promote continuous improvement of company processes and reputation within the industry, and
• Participate in or lead, as appropriate, staff engagement efforts, leadership management meetings, etc.
• Knowledge of international aid organization field (government/non-profit)
• Demonstrated experience in putting business plan in place and executing capture and expansion beyond the current footprint
• Master’s degree or higher in social or health sciences (PhD preferred)
• 12 years’ experience in business development and/or project management
• Excellent organizational skills (managing work, self, and others)
• Excellent communication skills
• Foreign language fluency preferred
For more information or to apply, go to www.jbsinternational.com. The ideal candidate should reside in the greater Washington, DC area.
To Apply: Email cover letter with resume. Include “International” in subject line. Please note that JBS International does not offer visa sponsorships at this time.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
About the Organization
Founded in 1985, JBS International (JBS), a women-owned firm, strives to change service systems and improve lives. We deliver professional services to clients in the private and public sectors, including USAID and UN Women. JBS’s international work focuses on program evaluation, research, and technical assistance in international development and education, workforce development, social programs, gender, technology, and knowledge management. JBS has fielded teams to more than 110 countries over the last 30 years. We work on cross-cutting and social transition issues such as: at-risk youth and out-of-school children, youth employability, literacy, inclusive education, gender, children and youth in institutional care, gender-based violence, and crisis and conflict environments.