Senior Research Director,
USAID Shekhar Jonno Pori (Read to Learn), Bangladesh
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The primary purpose of the Shekhar Jonno Pori (“Read to Learn”) activity is to provide direct technical assistance to the Government of Bangladesh and its sector-wide Fourth Primary Education Development Program (PEDP4), as well as to schools and teachers. The technical assistance will take the form of training services, provision and dissemination of goods such as teaching and learning materials, national and sub-national assessment design and implementation. The activity will foster partnerships between schools and families to enhance opportunities for children to read outside of school and in the home. Furthermore, USAID will require the acquisition of surveys, studies and research to inform USAID and the Government of Bangladesh programming. The activity aligns with the USAID Education Strategy to improve the reading skills of students in primary grades.
**Please note: Only Bangladeshi citizens are eligible for this position**
MSI is seeking a long-term senior research director with experience managing large monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems for complex donor-funded projects. S/he will report directly to the chief of party (COP). The candidate should have demonstrated experience designing and leading data collection efforts and in data processing methodologies, ideally in the education sector. This position will be based in Dhaka and is expected to last five (5) years, beginning in September 2018.
- Work with the COP and MSI home office to formulate M&E strategy and methodology.
- Develop M&E tools and approaches, and ensure that continuous learning is incorporated in program learning.
- Lead a team of regional M&E officers.
- Manage consortium of local research partners to quality assure data collection, entry/warehousing systems.
- Engage in dissemination activities.
- Master’s degree or higher in international development, social sciences, education, statistics or related field required.
- At least 7-9 years of experience in data analysis, quantitative and qualitative impact and operations research, ideally in the education sector.
- Experience managing M&E systems on large donor-funded projects.
- Experience working on USAID-funded project(s) or experience with other relevant international donors.
- Demonstrated experience in econometrics and cost-effectiveness analysis strongly preferred.
- Experience leading and managing research teams of both Bangladeshi and international staff.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.