Abt Associates is recruiting qualified candidates for positions in an upcoming USAID-funded opportunity in Senegal, Government to Government (G2G) Ops, which aims to provide technical assistance to USAID/Senegal and the Government of Senegal (GOS) on G2G-related tasks to improve the functionality and effectiveness of G2G components, particularly in the areas of Health, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Education, through the provision of high quality analytic, management, capacity building and logistic support services to the Health Office, Education Office, Economic Growth Office, Ministry of Health and Social Action, Ministry of Education, and Ministry of Water and Sanitation.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Party, the Senior Research, Monitoring, and Evaluation (RM&E) Advisor will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of the program’s RM&E activities in Senegal. These RM&E efforts span the sectors of health, education, and WASH. Experience coordinating such efforts between and across multiple sectors and/or experience in Government to Government partnerships is highly desirable.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and implement an M&E system for all project activities. Designing the M&E system will include finalizing program indicators, identifying and developing data sources, developing and maintaining systems for data collection and maintenance/storage, and developing templates and schedules for written routine reports per client requirements.
- Design and manage the Program Monitoring Plan (PMP) which will include a mix of outcome, output, and process indicators to measure progress on results and sub-results, identify areas for improvement, and subsequently use the learnings to improve program performance and effectiveness.
- Development and management of operational research activities and other types of research, as requested by USAID.
- Organize project RM&E information to support decision making based on evidence
- Oversee the collection, analysis, and reporting of baseline M&E data and ongoing M&E data collection, analysis and reporting according to project M&E plan.
- Conduct field visits to validate data and monitor the quality and completeness of collected data from USAID’s health components and different regions in Senegal.
- Collaborate in monitoring efforts with other USAID implementing partners, the MOH, and other donor/partner programs to assure that M&E systems are as cost-effective as possible and are integrated with existing in-country data management platforms (e.g. DHIS2).
- Solve data issues as they arise and build M&E capacity within the Senegalese health, education, and WASH systems to ensure data quality
- Participate in M&E team planning meetings with other program components and coordinate M&E efforts with other donors and programs outside of USAID.
- Under the supervision of the COP, assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports and other project documents and ensure the timely submission of all M&E reports as specified by the client
- Present results of program achievements and outputs in written reports and at conferences and meetings.
- Master’s in Statistics, Public Health, Demography, Social Sciences, or other relevant field.
- At least eight (8) years of professional experience designing and implementing research, monitoring, and evaluation activities for complex international development programs, with experience in M&E of health systems strengthening, education, and WASH interventions preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of data for decision making and other M&E tools to measure program results.
- Experience with Government to Government partnerships
- Significant experience in an M&E role within a donor-funded (USAID preferred) cross-sectoral or international development program.
- Experience with use of routine M&E data to feed into a Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) approach to assess achievement of targets, routine review of data, identify areas of poor performance, and develop feasible solutions to implement and improve outcomes.
- Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Proven experience in research/study design and implementation, including the design and data analysis of quantitative and qualitative studies. Experience in designing and implementing rapid cycle evaluations and/implementation research preferred.
- Familiarity with experimental designs and multivariate analysis.
- Experience in capacity building, training, and supportive supervision.
- Excellent knowledge of statistical software such as STATA, SAS, SPSS, or Epi Info; and desktop software Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills, initiative, and good judgment.
- Ability to communicate program data and results to a variety of stakeholders, including program management staff, donors, and researchers.
- Oral and written fluency in French is required; at least intermediate competency in English is required.
- (8+) years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a global leader in research, evaluation and program implementation; driving innovation and measurable impact for more than 50 years. What sets us apart is our evidence-based and multi-disciplinary approach to solving tough challenges in health, social and environmental policy and international development.
Specific areas we work in include:
- Education and workforce development
- Climate change and the environment
- Food security and agriculture
- Housing and communities
- Survey and data collection
Abt is a mission-driven company with a staff of 2,600. Our focus is on using evidence and cutting-edge methods to improve the lives and economic well-being of people worldwide.