World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 34,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Senior Resource Development Manager, you will provide overall leadership in delivering high quality, sustainable funding that supports World Vision Uganda (WVU) in realising our mission and objectives in line with World Vision’s global strategy, Our Promise. You will take lead in the strategic sourcing of funds from various donors like the EC, USAID, AusAID, KOICA etc. as well as private donors and develop and achieve fundraising targets.
- A university level degree in a relevant field (masters is preferred).
- At least 5 years of experience in programme design and/or proposal development. Significant experience of government donor relations and fundraising is essential.
- Well informed on latest trends in the grants sector. Grants acquisition experience in INGO sector
- Results oriented leader with the ability to handle a heavy workload, manage and satisfy multiple conflicting organizational, donor and other stakeholder demands.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Team management, coaching and mentoring experience
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 30 APRIL 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.