SENIOR ROAD NETWORK PLANNER
- Position open to Indonesian Nationals
- Based in Jakarta
- Full-time Position
We are seeking expressions of interest from Senior Road Network Planners for a Project role with AECOM. The Directorate of Road Network Development of Directorate General of Highways (DGH) is in the process of improving its planning and budgeting processes. DFAT has been assisting in improving planning and budgeting processes for new road developments since 2013 through IndII and KIAT. The aim of this stage of technical assistance is for DGH to have forward planning capability and tools that can identify priority investments and provide convincing evidence to justify its planned priorities or respond to proposed changes.
The Project has 5 main task areas:
- Support to DGH for establishment and development of a dedicated Forward Planning and Programming Team (FPPT).
- Development of Guidelines for road network planning and programming.
- Enhance medium term planning capability.
- Enhance annual programming and budgeting capability.
- Capacity building and training.
These five task areas are clearly aimed at developing and enhancing the capacity and capability within DGH to undertake forward planning. This will be supported by specific analytical tasks to be led by the Project team in conjunction with the DGH, the most significant of which will be further development of the road network forecasting models (CUBE models).
The Senior Road Network Planner will support the team to perform the following duties and role:
- Be the primary point of contact and liaison with DGH senior staff
- Management of local teams on road network planning and programming
- Provide input to technical reports, including minutes of meeting
- Report directly to Team Leader
To be considered for this role, you will need to have an academic qualification in Civil Engineering, mid- to senior level experience as a transport planner, with experience in developing network development scenarios and appraisal of the impact of new or improved transport infrastructure. You will have excellent skills in leading communication with government agencies and the ability to manage and coordinate technical work within a team. The successful candidate should have strong experience and exposure to engage with the Government of Indonesia (GoI) counterparts at echelon 3 level and above.
The position requires the successful candidate to demonstrate an understanding of the requirement for DGH National Road Network Mid-Term Plan (RUJMJJN) and Strategic Plan (RENSTRA) preparation; and proven technical ability in road network planning and analysis of road network projects. Fluency in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia is required.
To apply, please click the link to the job below:
Your application will need to include:
- A cover letter and signed CV, including a declaration that the information provided is true and correct
- Names and contact details for two referees
Applications close Sunday, 28th April 2019
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.
Women are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Edit a Job | LinkedIn Recruiter
AECOM International Development
We’ve worked to promote quality of life and sustainable economic growth in developing nations for more than 60 years. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest International Development service providers, delivering solutions in over 100 countries.