#JobAlert: UKaid Skills for Employment Programme (सीप) is building a pool of international part-time, short-term Senior Skills Development Advisors. Using an industry-aligned co-creation approach grounded in human-centred design, the Advisors will work with सीप and selected private sector partners in #Nepal across our five priority sectors – agriculture, manufacturing, tourism, ICT, and construction – to review and refine our #skillsdevelopment approaches, strategy, curricula, and plans.
Working closely with partners (12 so far–> https://lnkd.in/f8J7nus), since 2019, UKaid सीप is supporting market-driven efforts to enhance work-readiness and employability of Nepalis in current and emerging job roles while also strengthening capability of firms and industries to ensure scalability and sustainability of our collective efforts. #jobcreation #futureofwork #industrygrowth
Background and Objectives:
WSP seeks Senior Skills Development Advisors for a DFID-funded Skills for Employment (सीप) Programme. Launched in April 2019, UKaid सीप is brokering transformational partnerships with the Nepali private and public sector to propel growth in selected priority sectors – commercial agriculture, tourism, ICT, construction and light manufacturing including yarn/textiles, hand woven, ancillary equipment, etc. – in Provinces 2 and 5 through expanded access to quality skills training linked to gainful employment and migration optimization. सीप uses a Challenge Fund co-investment and technical assistance mechanism to forge partnerships aimed at addressing key market constraints in boosting job creation and sectoral growth by introducing innovative, scalable training models, building multi-sectoral collaborations, and unlocking public and private capital.
The Senior Skills Development Advisors will work with selected UKaid सीप private sector partners across the five priority sectors to review and refine their skills development approaches, curricula, strategy, and plans. Using an industry-aligned co-creation approach grounded in human centric design thinking, the advisors will support improvements on the design and implementation of practice- and employer-oriented skilling initiatives in Nepal with the aim of increasing accessibility to and quality of skilling opportunities – covering vocational training, soft skills, entrepreneurship skills etc. – in order to enhance work-readiness and employability of Nepalis in current and emerging job roles while also strengthening organization capability for सीप partners. The key responsibilities of the Senior Skills Development Advisors are:
- Advice and support UKaid सीप’s private sector partners to refine/improve their skilling approach, curricula, strategy and plans to ensure alignment with the needs of industry as well as the job seeker.
- Conduct rapid skilling gap assessment for selected सीप partners using a co-creation approach to help identify and prioritize solutions to improve skilling strategies, plans, curricula, and pedagogy.
- Help mentor and train selected सीप partners on industry-aligned and end-user centric approach to skills development.
- Support selected सीप partners on building of organization capabilities related to human resource management, particularly from the perspective of introducing policies and practices that enable and ensure skilling, upskilling, and reskilling of the workforce and their retention.
- Work closely with selected सीप’s private sector partners and other key ecosystem actors such as training institutes, financial institutes, certification bodies, NGOs and community networks, and Provincial and local Government to foster stronger collaborative actions and partnerships.
- Support सीप’s engagement with the Government at the Federal, Provincial, and Municipal levels, as needed, to build/refine and integrate practical market-oriented skilling strategies for stronger investments and collaborations on industry-aligned human capital investment, job creation, and sectoral growth.
Minimum Qualifications and Preferred Skills
- Masters degree in any of the following: Business Studies, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Education & Vocational Training or related subjects.
- Thorough understanding of market-led skills development initiatives aimed at fostering job creation and industry growth; especially in the establishment of public private partnerships and multi-sectoral collaborations between a diverse set of key actors, ranging from employers, training firms, financial institutes, NGOs and community networks, certification bodies, and other players in the skilling and job creation ecosystem.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise on Human Resource Management and Organization Development will be an asset.
- Specific experience and technical know-how of working on skills development and job development in one or more of the following sectors: ICT, Hospitality/Tourism, Agriculture, Light Industry, Construction, and Hydropower sectors.
- Proven ability to work with the private sector to improve their strategies, plans, and skilling curricula and pedagogy.
- Demonstrated experience on building of market-aligned skilling strategies and plans for the public and private sector.
- Strong analytical and creative-thinking skills along with co-creation and human-centered design thinking abilities.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English
Candidate will work closely with the UKaid सीप Deputy Team Leader and Skills Team, and report to the Team Leader.
About the Organization
WSP is an internationally recognized consulting firm that provides engineering, architecture, program and construction management, environmental planning and science, and economic development services. We are a devoted and trusted partner to federal, state, and local government agencies; multilateral institutions; and commercial industry. To this diverse client base we bring strategic vision and an entrepreneurial spirit, developing innovative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging problems. Integrated Development (ID), a division within WSP, offers a multi-disciplinary approach to international development.