Creative seeks an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Solution Architect to join the Global Operations team. Using effective tools and techniques, the architect will drive software development projects across all aspects of the business – Finance, Contracts, Procurement, Grants, Programs, and more.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to analyze complex business requirements and respond by building advanced, no-code technical solutions. Collaborating with the Application Development team and other related stakeholders, the Senior Solutions Architect will elicit requirements, and design, implement, test, and maintain solutions.
- Anticipate, prioritize, and document business need as they pertain to processes and technology, and translate to technical solutions;
- Design reusable technical solutions, frameworks and classifications to streamline business processes and operations;
- Employ a multimodal approach to identifying business need – interviews, group requirements gathering sessions, email, surveys, feedback sessions, etc. Proactively identify pain points and faulty processes. When available, use data to discover requirements and drive decisions;
- Analyze and model multiple integrated business processes, identify process improvements, and advocate for change to stakeholders;
- Disaggregate complex processes and information into reusable frameworks and models. Document findings in a digestible form for technical and business stakeholders;
- Normalize disparate data and information, establish connections, patterns, and relationships, and communicate findings to stakeholders;
- Conduct quality assurance and user acceptance testing of implemented technology. Ensure solutions meet or exceed needs, implementation is technically sound, and technical teams correctly interpreted requirements;
- Manage changes to requirements and maintain open lines of communication with the business during project implementation. Evaluate change impact on related processes and procedures; and
- Participate in internal business and strategic planning sessions.
- Manage and configure workflow routing, access rights and roles, navigation, dashboards, templates, and reports;
- Package and deploy custom and third-party solutions to production and development environments;
- Conduct user support, address user issues in a timely manner, maintain open lines of communication, and escalate issues as needed;
- Improve form design and functionality to facilitate effective collection of data, including adding and removing form fields, setting required fields, configuring form logic, and specifying submission rules;
- Develop analytical and paginated reports and dashboards that are consumable by business users;
- Stay up to date with latest trends and developments in development platforms, and apply lessons learned to Creative; and
- Conduct QA and UAT validation tasks to ensure the end solution meets requirements. Continuously improve solution until stakeholder signoff.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Over five (5) years of experience as a business analyst, solutions architect or related role;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Information Systems, or related field;
- Master’s Degree in Business, Information Systems, or related field preferred;
- PMP, PMI-PBA, and/or IIBA certifications preferred;
- Experience with information systems development - no-code/drag and drop development using CMS or CRM platforms (Force.com/Salesforce, Dynamics CRM/Dynamics 365, SharePoint, Fluxx, etc.) required. Dynamics CRM Experience strongly preferred;
- Experience with ERP implementations preferred;
- Ability to manage time and prioritize independently and effectively;
- Proficient in using UML structural and behavioral diagrams;
- Previous experience with an international development implementor or NGO;
- Pattern recognition - detect patterns in processes and data, collate and document patterns, and propose solutions to problems illuminated by patterns;
- Critical thinking and ability to think “outside of the box”;
- Terrific written and verbal communication and comprehension skills; and
- Ability to communicate persuasively and with clarity.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.