Job DescriptionEssential Skills
The candidate will be responsible for successful contracting, following up with internal staff, project execution, operational support on administrative processes, reviewing workplans of team members, project budgets and schedules, interface with clients/check-in meetings, and following project payments. Our team is still in start-up mode, thus requires a candidate with strong facilitation skills, cross-functional group coordination and collaboration, and a self-starter working effectively independently and within a team environment. Being detail-oriented, process-oriented, results-driven are core requirements. The candidate must be able to focus on projects full life-cycle change management across all stakeholders and business functions, always thinking several steps ahead. Additionally, seeking a candidate with exceptional ability to implement and evangelize use of project management best practices (e.g., project plans, weekly status reports and meetings, prioritized issues resolution log, risk log including mitigation measures, transition plans).
The primary responsibilities include:
- Lead the planning, implementation of assignments involving project teams within one PG or
- Develop and submit proposals to generate business – particularly for the francophone markets in collaboration with domains in Asia and Africa
- Provide solutions to complex business problems for area(s) of responsibility where analysis of
situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives, developing and
presenting prioritized findings from project gap analysis (e.g., when aligning requirements
against proposed internal or commercial solutions).
- Conducting landscape assessments of key project stakeholders to determine relevant
stakeholder knowledge, gaps/challenges, and other risks/obstacles to success, mentoring team members to do the same. Further, develop execution, risk mitigation, and transition plans, to create a repeatable framework for quality project execution.
- Developing strong working relationships with the client and confirm his/her expectations,
including in-scope deliverables, format, status reporting content and cadence, feedback, and
- Working in a trusted adviser capacity for the client, providing thought leadership beyond
- Focusing on projects full life-cycle change management across all stakeholders and business
functions, always thinking several steps ahead.
- Leading stakeholder meetings and provide follow-up minutes (as appropriate), leveraging best practices.
- Conducting “Quality of Delivery”/Feedback assessments with team members after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines and supporting the DL in regular staff assessments
- Quality control training courses delivered, research papers prepared, curriculum development and technical assistance provided to clients
- Draws broader lessons, insights, and opportunities from projects and shares them formally and informally with MSC colleagues in both French and English.
- Develops blogs, research reports and other thought leadership materials to showcase MSC’s
areas of expertise.
About the Organization
MicroSave Consulting (MSC) is a boutique consulting firm that has, for 20 years, pushed the world towards meaningful financial, social, and economic inclusion. With 11 offices around the globe, about 190 staff of different nationalities and varied expertise, we are proud to be working in over 50 developing countries. We partner with participants in financial services ecosystems to achieve sustainable performance improvements and unlock enduring value. Our clients include governments, donors, private sector corporations, and local businesses. We can help you seize the digital opportunity, address the mass market, and future-proof your operations.