Chemonics seeks a senior supply chain consultant for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain-Technical Assistance (GHSC-TA) Francophone Task Order who will liaise with the Association Africaine des Centrales d’Achat des Medicaments Essentiels (ACAME), USAID, and targeted central medical stores (CMS) in francophone West Africa to support warehouse improvement operations. At the national level, s/he will coordinate with CMS management and staff as well as other key stakeholders in select Francophone West African countries to identify opportunities to expand public budgets and to establish cost recovery models that strengthen working capital of the CMS. Using a proven private sector model, s/he will provide technical approaches related to warehousing and inventory management to prioritize tasks to promote change, leverage change management processes, train central medical store staff in order to improve their capabilities, and identify key performance indicators against which the CMS performance can be benchmarked over the course of the program and beyond. Chemonics is looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Support Targeted Central Medical Stores Warehouse Improvement Operations
- Review logistical capability, system maturity and performance (using KPIs) of the target CMS (ONPPC and CAMEG)
- Develop standard operating procedures, performance management guidelines, best practices and job descriptions templates and define key performance indicators on warehousing
- Establish baseline for the KPIs that will be used for performance monitoring of warehouse operations and train CMS staff on how to calculate them and how to interpret them
- Assist the designated CMS to convene and document regular check-ins (weekly or monthly) to review progress and agreed performance indicators and take corrective actions
- Document results/impact from the application of the intervention and document lessons learned and best practices
- Share technical assistance outcomes during the ACAME general assembly
- Post summary of compilation of performance management guidelines, best practices and job descriptions templates for warehousing and inventory management on ACAME’s website (www.acame.net) and TechChange platform
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree required with substantial work experience in warehousing and inventory management
- Minimum of 10 years experience in supply chain for pharmaceuticals, with experience working with governments and central medical stores in resource limited settings desired
- Experience coordinating and working with national and regional stakeholders to drive results
- Experience working remotely and providing virtual trainings is an asset
- Experience working with global donors and demonstrated understanding of their warehousing and inventory management practices, specifically Global Fund, UNFPA and USAID
- Strong program management skills, especially as it relates to results reporting
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently as part of a team, including with remote team members
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across multiple partners, including donors, technical partners, and country partners
- Excellent oral and written communication ability
- Communicate and document complex processes in a clear and concise manner
- Able to engage in international travel estimated at 40%
- Able to thrive in ambiguity and understand how to take one step at a time to work through complex problems
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in French and good working knowledge of English
Please submit your CV and cover letter online using this form. The deadline for submissions is 5PM GMT August 7, 2020.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are int eh European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.