Job DescriptionRTI International is an independent nonprofit research institute and leading development organization headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA. Since 1958, RTI has worked in over 150 countries and designed and implemented cutting-edge solutions in the sectors of economic growth, governance, education, and health. A cornerstone of RTI•s work is strengthening the capacities of local partners and systems in order to increase local ownership and ensure that host country individuals and organizations have the skills and resources to achieve their missions and sustain their services in the long term.
RTI is currently accepting applications for Senior Support Administrator for a USAID-funded Local Capacity for Local Solutions project that will focus on ten countries in the Eastern and Southern Caribbean (ESC) region. These countries include: Antigua & Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Suriname, and Trinidad & Tobago. The project office and staff are based out of Bridgetown, Barbados. The project will end on approximately October 2020. Nationals of Barbados are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Senior Support Administrator will be responsible for providing logistical support to project activities and will conduct administrative tasks to help ensure smooth operations of the project office. The Senior Support Administrator will report to the Finance and Administration Manager. Specific responsibilities include:
- Arranging logistics for project meetings and workshops which may include preparation of training materials, workshop supplies, coordination of travel and lodging accommodation for staff or participants, requesting cash advances for per diems, identification of venue space, and arranging catering.
- Assist in scheduling appointments and sending official correspondences, as required.
- Assist in coordinating the use of the project vehicle.
- Assist in procuring project supplies and other equipment, as needed.
- Take notes at project meetings.
- Collect receipts from staff to document expenses, manage paperwork for requests for advances, and ensure that staff have the proper paperwork for other requests.
- Manage shipping of project documents.
- Photocopy documents as required by project staff.
- Pick up and deliver banking documents and other confidential documents.
- Assist Finance and Administration Manager in filing project documents.
- Assist Finance and Administration Manager in keeping a record of project inventory.
- Receive telephone calls and perform reception duties, as needed.
- Perform other similar duties as directed by the Finance and Administration Manager.
Required Skills and Qualifications
The successful applicant will be a proactive person who is extremely detail oriented. She/he will also be able to multi-task and work under tight deadlines. She/he will also have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work well in a diverse team.
Required skills also include:
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel;
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills;
- Experience in office administration, logistics management, and event/meeting coordination; and
- Clerical Associate degree or 2 years of related experience, with supervisory experience preferred.
About the OrganizationIDG Governance & Economic Development