With more than 30 years of experience, CowaterSogema is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe for clients such as DFID, DFAT Australia, the World Bank and Global Affairs Canada. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, economic and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.
SUMMARY OF PROJECT
CowaterSogema is recruiting a Senior Tax Administration Adviser to support an upcoming Tax Reform programme in Mozambique. The Tax and Economic Governance Programme will be supporting the Mozambican Revenue Authority to advance improvements in Tax Policy, strengthen tax of the Extractives Industries, and improve tax processes through increased and more effective automation. The Senior Tax Administration Adviser will work in Maputo directly with the Mozambican Revenue Authority to provide technical assistance and strategic advisory services for this long-term project. Specifically, the Senior Tax Administration Adviser will be expected to support and lead on creating simplified and more robust processes to register and file taxes, increasing data collection and transparency through the automation of Revenue Authority procedures, supporting risk management and increasing efficiency of tax collection.
- Post-graduate qualification in public finance, accounting, economics, or another relevant field.
- Previous experience in senior and leadership positions on relevant donor-funded projects;
- 10-15 years of relevant experience working in Tax Administration within a Revenue Authority and/or Tax Administration;
- Previous experience working on tax modernization projects with a solid understanding of the automation of tax processes and IT systems in tax administrations;
- Experience working within Large Taxpayer Units and with firms within the Extractives industry;
- Demonstrated experience working successfully and collaboratively with project counterparts to deliver technical assistance;
- Previous experience on donor-funded projects in developing countries, preferably within Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Professional fluency in Portuguese and English is essential.
- Previous experience working on DFID-funded development projects;
- Previous professional experience in Mozambique;
- Previous experience in Extractives Industries Taxation.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with CowaterSogema.
About the OrganizationCowaterSogema is a global leader in management consulting services, focusing on developing and emerging economies. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. As Canada’s largest international development consulting firm, CowaterSogema has developed a reputation of excellence for our strong ability to work with clients and stakeholders to provide leading-edge solutions and services tailored to the needs and challenges faced by developing and transitional countries. Our firm possesses internationally recognized and award-winning experience at the policy, program and project levels, developing and managing major projects as well as undertaking studies, sector reviews, evaluations, and training and communications activities.
CowaterSogema is a global company with its headquarters in Ottawa, Canada, an office in Montreal, Canada, an office in Pretoria, South Africa (CowaterSogema South Africa) and operations in Paris, France (CowaterSogema Europe). Additionally, the company currently operates project offices worldwide including in Burkina Faso, Mali, Malawi, Cameroon, South Sudan, Mozambique, Zambia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Indonesia, Jordan, Peru, Honduras, Barbados etc.