Title: AGRI-CONNECT: Supporting value chains for shared prosperity – Technical assistance to improve sector enablers and the business environment for tea, coffee and horticulture in Tanzania
Economy, Regulation & Agriculture
Start: Feb 2020
Duration: 48 months
The overall objective of the Programme “Agri-Connect: Supporting value chains for shared prosperity”, of which this contract will be an essential part, is to contribute to inclusive economic growth, promote private sector development and job creation in the agricultural sector and to increase food and nutrition security in Tanzania, by promoting the productivity, commercialization and competitiveness of the tea, coffee and horticulture sectors.
The purpose of this contract is to provide a Technical Assistance Team (TAT) to assist primarily the Ministry of Agriculture in mainland, the Ministry of Agriculture, Natural resources, Livestock and Fisheries in Zanzibar, and other relevant national and local institutions and actors along the value chain to improve the sector enablers and business environment for the tea, coffee and horticulture value chains, within the framework of the respective agricultural development strategies. This area relates to the implementation of Result 1 of Agriconnect.
The expected results of this project are as follows:
- Set-up a functioning and adaptive management structure within the MoA mainland and Zanzibar, in close collaboration with the National Authorizing Office (NAO) and the European Union Delegation (EUD).
- Develop a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning system which captures and disseminates key lessons learned during implementation of the various components under Agri-Connect; provide timely performance data to management and other stakeholders for incorporation into project activity refinement.
- An improved business environment for the tea, coffee and horticulture value chains through the provision of technical expertise for collaborative policy research and outreach combined with active policy advisory activities
- In-service training, mentoring and formal trainings of GoT staff and actors along the value chains.
Qualifications and skills
- Advanced University Degree in International Development, Economics, Business Management and Finance, Agriculture Economics, or other relevant fields;
- Fluency in English;
- Fluency in Swahili considered an asset.
General professional experience
- Preferably 15 but a minimum of 10 years’ experience in managing similar agricultural development projects of similar size.
Specific professional experience
- Private Sector/Business Development profile;
- Expertise in policy and regulatory reforms, institutional capacity building;
- Experience in agricultural business development programmes and public-private partnerships;
- Experience in the EAC region;
- Proven track records of leadership positions with capacity of guiding and supervising multidisciplinary teams;
- Knowledge of principles and working methods of Project Cycle management and EC policies and aid delivery methods;
- Thorough knowledge of EDF procedures.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org