FCG Sweden is currently looking for a Team Leader for the EU funded project AGRI-CONNECT in Tanzania. This is a full time position from February 2020 for 48 months.
The overall objective of the Programme “Agri-Connect: Supporting value chains for shared prosperity” is to contribute to inclusive economic growth, promote private sector development and job creation in the agricultural sector and to increase food and nutrition security in Tanzania, by promoting the productivity, commercialization and competitiveness of the tea, coffee and horticulture sectors.
The Technical Assistance Team (TAT) will assist primarily the Ministry of Agriculture in mainland, the Ministry of Agriculture, Natural resources, Livestock and Fisheries in Zanzibar, and other relevant national and local institutions and actors along the value chain to improve the sector enablers and business environment for the tea, coffee and horticulture value chains, within the framework of the respective agricultural development strategies. In addition, the TAT will provide overall coordination of the Agri-Connect programme components and will lead programme Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning initiatives.
Qualifications and skills
- Advanced University Degree in International Development, Economics, Business Management and Finance, Agriculture Economics, or other relevant fields;
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Swahili considered an asset
General professional experience
- Preferably 15 but a minimum of 10 years’ experience in managing similar agricultural development projects of similar size.
Specific professional experience
- Private Sector/Business Development profile
- Expertise in policy and regulatory reforms, institutional capacity building
- Experience in agricultural business development programmes and public-private partnerships
- Experience in the EAC region
- Proven track records of leadership positions with capacity of guiding and supervising multidisciplinary teams
- Knowledge of principles and working methods of Project Cycle management and EC policies and aid delivery methods
- Thorough knowledge of EDF procedures
Please send your tailored CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Team Leader Agri-Connect.
About the Organization
FCG Sweden is the new face of ORGUT and SIPU International. Combining ORGUT and SIPU’s experience with that of the wider FCG Group gives our customers and partners access to a much broader selection of services and best practices from a wide range of sectors and countries. Together, we represent 40 years of Swedish expertise in international development consulting. We have a new name, but we are the same people, with the same values, passion and drive.
Building better livelihoods in developing regions and countries has always been the vision of ORGUT’s work, with core competence in value chain development in agriculture and forestry, water sector development, and sustainable land administration.
SIPU International has built a global reputation as a leader in sharing the best and most relevant parts of the Swedish model of public administration through consulting and training, with a mission to support the capacity of organisations as a way to develop democracy, grow the economy and foster an inclusive, equitable and enduring society.
FCG Sweden delivers a wide range of services including:
- Formulation and design of development programmes and intervention;
- Implementation and project management of multi-annual programmes and framework contracts;
- Grant and Challenge Fund Management;
- Results-based monitoring and evaluation services;
Areas of expertise:
- Civil Society
- Market Development
- Environment and Climate Change
- Water and Natural Resources
- Land Administration
- Natural Resource Management
- Water Sector Services
- Good Governance and Public Administration
- Public Administration Reform
- Public Financial Management
- Local Government and Decentralisation
- Urban Development
- Gender Equality
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Training Programmes
- Fund Management