Job DescriptionEssential Duties: •
- Provide on-site technical support and assistance in the design, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of training and technical assistance programming and project activities to the district local governments and their respective lower local governments.
- To give hands on support to local governments in the LRM assessments, enumeration, registration and assessment of local revenue sources, updating of tax registries, record keeping and accounting for locally raised revenues and creating a tax paying culture through tax education.
- To train and mentor DRPs including coordinating and overseeing the DRPs in supporting lower local governments in on the thematic area.
- •Provide capacity strengthening of districts in fiscal management including integrating donor resources into the planning process.
- To mentor local governments in financial management and reporting including use of the Integrated Financial Management Information•s Systems, single treasury accounts, PBS
- To provide technical support to districts on implementation of action plans and recommendations from Audit reports and outreaches supported under component 1 for improved audit processes
- To support the accounting officers, PDUs, user departments, contracts committee members in public procurement and disposal of public procedures resulting in improved, implementation of procurement and disposal procedures.
- Identify and share best practices and promote evidence-based programming in the development of GAPP interventions in the target local governments.
- Support and/or undertake monitoring and evaluation data collection activities in target districts.
- Coordinate component 1 and 2 activities in the target local governments in related area
- As needed facilitate, coordinate, and participate in district specific evaluations, conferences, seminars, or other activities related to the program.
- Maintain regular contacts and communication with local government officials in the assigned local government providing on the spot, demand-driven technical assistance.
- Continuous identification policy issues affecting LGs and then coordinating them with Component 1
- Writing monthly, quarterly and• annual reports on the operation of component 2 in the assigned region
- Writing component 2 GAPP success stories in coordination with CLA
- Perform other duties and tasks as requested by the Local Government Program Manager.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Master•s degree in Public finance management, public administration and 6 years of experience in finance management in the public sector or
- Bachelor•s Degree and 10 years of experience in public finance management at the local level or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to concentrate in long formal meetings and make reports thereof
- Flexibility to travel within the GAPP districts and work well with public officers
- Flexibility to work outside of normal hours sometimes
- Dependability, reliability and high integrity
About the OrganizationIDG Governance & Economic Development