Job DescriptionEssential Duties:•
- Provide on-site technical support and assistance in the design, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of training and technical assistance programming and project activities to about 5-8 district local governments and their respective lower local governments.
- To attend council sessions and providing technical support to local governments on how to conduct council business by following the Standard Rules of Procedure.
- To attend council committee meetings and build the capacity of council committees in budget scrutiny, allocation of resources and monitoring.
- To mentor political teams on record keeping and documentation.
- To identify policy issues that impede on performance of LGs in local councils development
- To provide technical support to Local Governments Accounts Committees (LGPACs).
- To train and mentor DRPs including coordinating and overseeing the DRPs in supporting lower local governments in thematic area.
- To provide mentoring support to district chairpersons and executive committee members.
- To nurture the development of the district service commission.
- To coordinate component 1 and 2 activities in the target local governments in related area.
- Maintain regular contacts and communication with local government officials in the assigned local government providing on the spot, demand-driven technical assistance.
- Contribute to the development of appropriate local government strengthening interventions especially focused on leadership development and local council development.
- Support and/or undertake monitoring and evaluation data collection activities in target districts.
- As needed facilitate, coordinate, and participate in district specific evaluations, conferences, seminars, or other activities related to the program.
- Perform other duties and tasks as requested by the Local Government Program Manager or Deputy Chief of Party.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Master•s degree and 6 years of experience or
- Bachelor•s Degree and 10 years of experience or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbal and written with provable conflict management skills
- Ability to work independently, within and outside of normal hours sometimes
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility to travel within the GAPP districts and work well with public officers
- Dependability, reliability and high integrity
About the OrganizationIDG Governance & Economic Development