Global Communities is seeking a Senior Technical Advisor for an anticipated Department of State-funded SHE’s GREAT program. The aim of SHE’s GREAT is to ensure that young women and girls are economically and socially empowered, free from violence and discrimination, and have access to skills training, information and technology thereby promoting global development, security, and prosperity. Programs funded will seek to decrease young women’s and girls’ vulnerability to gender-based violence and other risks, including harmful cultural practices and to provide them with the tools to fully participate in their societies, claim their rights, create innovative solutions to the challenges around them, and make informed decisions about their lives.
The Senior Technical Advisor will be responsible for the technical aspects of activity implementation that relate to community and families, and ensure strong linkages with facility-level and other service delivery points.
At a minimum, the Senior Technical Advisor will have:
* A Master’s Degree in social work, sociology, psychology, development studies and other social science degrees.
* Eight years of experience implementing OVC programs in a development context. During this period she/he will have been involved with social services systems strengthening and social services project design, implementation, reporting and evaluation.
* Demonstrated state-of-the-art experience at a mid- or senior level in at least three of the following areas: child protection, preventing gender-based violence, girls’ education, social protection, social services workforce, M&E; and operations research.
* Demonstrated experience in managing, coordinating and supervising a team working with county and local community organizations, families and communities.
* Demonstrated skills in activity design, implementation and reporting, preferably for USG funded programs.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level.
* Professional level of oral and written fluency in the English Language
* Strong writing and communication skills
Rwandan nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.