Creative Associates International is accepting applications for a Senior Technical Advisor for Business Development. This activity will work with the Education for Development (ED) Division’s Directors and proposal teams in responding to new business opportunities and proposal solicitations.
The Washington, DC -based Senior Technical Advisor for Business Development will be responsible for supporting the ED Division’s efforts in developing competitive proposals. S/he will work closely with proposal teams in leading and/or coordinating the design of proposal technical approaches as well as serve as the lead writer of targeted proposals.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the ED Division’s Business Development Director.
- Lead assigned capture and live proposal preparation efforts;
- Lead proposal/project design and conceptualization efforts in coordination with ED technical managers;
- Serve as lead technical proposal writer, as assigned;
- Support the refinement and written documentation of targeted, Creative technical approaches for use across proposals;
- Ensure proposal designs are coherent and compliant with solicitation guidelines;
- Generate innovative approaches in project designs that serve as compelling differentiators from the competition;
- Remain up to date with client priorities (USAID, DFID, World Bank etc.) and key trends in the education for development community vis-à-vis priorities for division proposal design and writing efforts; and
- Create “one voice” through the technical proposal prior to proposal submission.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of a master’s degree in education;
- A proven track record in designing and writing winning proposals;
- At least seven (7) years of successful experience in designing and writing technical education proposals for USAID implementing partners;
- Experience in directing and managing technical design teams for proposal development;
- Knowledge of U.S. Government and other donor contract, cooperative agreements, and grant proposal processes; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and relevant computer software skills with proficiency in Excel and other data management systems.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.