Title: Senior Technical Advisor – Community Response to Covid-19
Div/Dept: Programs and Partnerships
Location: Washington, DC
Minimum duration of assignment: 12 months (1 year, per donor forecast)
Reporting Relationship: Chief of Party
ChildFund International (CFI) invites qualified candidates to apply to the following position in a forthcoming USAID-funded project to improve the community-based prevention, response and mitigation for covid-19 in multiple low-income countries. Issuance of employment contracts are subject to the award of the project by the donor agency.
· S/he will be responsible for leading the project’s interventions which address the social, economic, public health and clinical consequences of covid-19 from a community/local perspective. This leadership includes work planning, field implementation and reporting with sub-grantees.
· S/he will have primary responsibility for representation of the project to USAID and other US-based and international stakeholders on community-health for covid-19.
· He/she will be responsible for the timely, accurate and complete preparation of all program-related project deliverables required by USAID.
· Approximate 20% of international travel time (depending on covid-19 travel restrictions).
· At least 10 years of working experience, with at least 5 years providing technical leadership in designing, implementing and monitoring/evaluation of donor-funded, community-based programs focused in infectious diseases (malaria, TB, HIV, NTD, covid 19).
· Training, experience and/or working knowledge on the social, economic, public health and clinical dimensions of covid-19.
· Demonstrated skills in program reporting, preferably for USG-funded global health programs (e.g. PEPFAR, PMI, USAID, CDC).
· Extensive experience working with sub-grantees and with field-based operations.
· A Master’s degree (or equivalent) in public health, social sciences, social work, child development, education or related field. A clinical degree (MD, RN, Midwife) will be recommended but is not required.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
About the OrganizationOur Vision
A world in which children realize their rights and achieve their potential.
HELP deprived, excluded and vulnerable children have the capacity to improve their lives and the opportunity to become young adults, parents and leaders who bring lasting and positive change in their communities.
PROMOTE societies whose individuals and institutions participate in valuing, protecting and advancing the worth and rights of children.
ENRICH supporters’ lives through their support of our cause.
Today, worldwide, 570 million children live in extreme poverty.
All children — including those 570 million — have rights to the support, protection and care they need to grow up healthy and strong. As a child-focused international development organization, ChildFund exists to change underlying factors that prevent children from fully experiencing these rights.