We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Senior Technical Advisor (HIV) for an anticipated USAID Burma TB and HIV Integrated Activity.
The Senior Technical Advisor (HIV) will be responsible for supporting program management and providing technical leadership and supervision of project activities. The STA will provide technical oversight to the design and implementation of key components of the program, ensure adherence to global standards in HIV service delivery programs, will support the technical strategy and capacity building for the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the HIV programming in Burma focused on key populations (KPs). S/he will provide technical assistance for HIV care, treatment and support for key populations across the cascade by ensuring innovative, evidence-based programming and develop approaches to address the positive health dignity and prevention of key populations living with HIV. This position is critical for the development of quality and evidence-based approaches to support KPs to be reached and linked to a variety of services along the HIV prevention, treatment, care and support cascade (identify, reach with prevention services and commodities, link to HIV and STI testing and counselling, wrap-around services referrals, peer outreach and navigation activities for improved linkages, retention and adherence to ART). **The position shall be based out of Yangon, Burma. The recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and final USAID approval of the candidate.
- Lead the design, integration, and implementation of HIV/AIDS interventions, ranging from outreach activities to treatment retention strategies, based on local KP needs, implementing partner capacities, and knowledge of evidence-based methods.
- Ensure that appropriate technical interventions and strategies are incorporated into work plans and reports including innovative approaches to fight HIV/AIDS.
- Maintain a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts, technical staff of implementing partners and members of KP communities.
- Support the adaptation of tools for the design and implementation of technical strategies based on local norms and practices.
- Support the development of timely and accurate reports internally as well as to donors, government and other stakeholders as required.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate the effectiveness of technical interventions and make recommendations for enhancements on an ongoing basis in collaboration with the COP
- Conduct capacity building activities for governmental institutions and local partners, including civil society, faith-based, and community-based organizations, to support the implementation of high-quality HIV/AIDS prevention and management interventions at both the health facility and community-based level.
- Contribute to the achievement of high-quality results in accordance with the targets identified in the work plan.
- Provides technical guidance and mentorship to program staff as the technical team lead.
- Advanced degree (MPH or other advanced degree related to health);
- Minimum of 5-8 years of demonstrated experience working in HIV/AIDS prevention, care or treatment programs with prior experience of working in PEPFAR funded project
- Experience in and familiarity with Burma and language capability in Burmese is preferred;
- Experience of productive involvement with governmental health systems, processes and service delivery models in developing countries;
- Comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts and practices with project management, process development and execution;
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to plan, organize, and manage resources for successful completion of projects;
- Ability to motivate, influences, and collaborates with others;
- Ability to build positive local working relationships with local communities, district government officials, UN and where appropriate, donor representatives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; fluency in local language is an advantage;
- Experience working in Burma or another country in the Greater Mekong Sub-Region will be an advantage.
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at https://www.fhi360.org/careers.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will never ask you for your career site username or password, and we will never request money, goods or services during the application, recruitment or employment process. If you have questions or concerns about correspondence from us, please email CareerCenterSupport@fhi360.org.