Chemonics seeks a senior technical advisor to support the USAID Global Health and Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM). GHSC-PSM is the primary vehicle through which USAID 1) procures and provides health commodities, 2) provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and 3) collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. GHSC-PSM Niger currently works under one of the project’s task orders, the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative. The senior technical director will assist the country director with developing and implementing a programmatic strategy relevant to the county context. In addition, the senior technical advisor will oversee all initiatives related to the warehousing and distribution of project-procured commodities at the central level and in the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative’s target regions of Dosso and Tahoua. Based in Niamey, Niger, the senior technical director will contribute to key technical assistance activities related to supply chain strengthening in Niger. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Assist the Office National des Produits Pharmaceutiques et Chimiques, National Malaria Control Program, Direction de la Pharmacie et de la Médecine Traditionnelle, and other applicable Ministry of Public Health counterparts with improving the storage and distribution of Malaria commodities
- Ensure adherence to warehousing best practices across GHSC-PSM-supported and government-owned warehouses, advising on these practices
- Oversee operational management of warehousing through the development of standard operating procedures and the supervision of GHSC-PSM warehousing and distribution staff
- Support the development of distribution plans for commodities
- Support the design and manage the implementation of last-mile commodity distribution
- Manage relationships while overseeing the performance of all vendors and warehousing and distribution service providers related to the GHSC-PSM-supported supply chain
- Build the capacity of warehousing and distribution staff
- Provide overall supply chain management technical assistance consistent with the project’s strategic vision
- Monitor and report on stock levels at the central and peripheral levels
- Support the development of technical strategies, integrating these strategies into annual work plans
- Develop detailed implementation plans to carry out activities included in the annual work plan; monitor the realization of activities of the technical team
- Develop terms of reference for project activities as well as for long-term staff and consultants to carry out the activities included in the project’s work plan
- Contribute to the Procurement Planning and Monitoring Report for Malaria and any other reports as requested by project leadership
- Support the development of internal and external communications pieces that highlight successes, challenges, and lessons learned
- Coordinate with partners and other U.S. government-supported cooperating agencies in Niger on joint technical work, ensuring the necessary communication for effective collaboration takes place
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the country director
- Advanced degree in supply chains, logistics, public health, engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of eight years of experience in supply chain management, logistics management, or another relevant field
- Availability to travel to Niamey for short-term assignments before being fielded for long-term assignments
- Recent long-term experience working in an international context on a supply chain project
- Experience establishing and managing warehouse and transportation contracts preferred
- Demonstrated ability to directly manage and implement complex public health projects in a low-resource developing country context
- Experience remotely managing staff
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with host-country officials, international donors, and other key stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English and French
Please apply for this position with a CV by April 21, 2019, via https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/c721c4b905b74bdba74d886734456b1b.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn about how we process your personal data. Please use the following link to access the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf.
Equal employment opportunity:
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.