RTI International pursues innovative approaches and builds on best practices to promote democratic governance and economic development. Working alongside global partners, public institutions, the private sector, and civil society, we apply an integrated approach to public service delivery using cross-sectoral strategies. Our goal is to help build more effective, accountable, and responsive institutions and policies at the national, regional, and local level.
RTI International is currently accepting applications for a Senior Technical Advisor for an anticipated USAID-funded governance activity in Haiti to support the government of Haiti, civil society, and the private sector in addressing core governance challenges to effectively respond to citizen needs. This position will be a part-time role based in Haiti.
The Senior Technical Advisor is responsible for providing technical direction on innovative approaches proposed by USAID.• The approaches fall under •doing development differently• and includes a project inception period, problem-driven iterative adaptation (PDIA), applied political economy analysis (PEA), local systems, collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) and adaptive management.• S/he will work in tandem with the MELM (Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Manager) to implement •doing development differently• approaches. S/he will also provide technical support and input to the technical leads for each project objective for integration of this approach.
- Provide technical direction on applying •doing development differently •approaches including adaptive management, PDIA, and CLA approaches in program implementation.
- Design and oversight of MEL system to collect, analyze, and report on data on the application of •doing development differently• approaches.
- Work in collaboration with the MELM (Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Manager.)
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Education and Experience•
- Master•s degree in International Development, Public Administration, Political Science, International Relations, Monitoring and Evaluation, or related area, with 9 years of relevant experience or a Bachelor•s degree and 12 years of experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in the implementation and management of international donor- (including USAID-) funded projects that focus on taking innovative approaches (such as those outlined above) to governance, decentralization, municipal support, and civil society strengthening.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing M&E and/or technical specialists on donor-funded projects.
- Experience in innovative governance improvement methodologies, government capacity development, decentralization, or institutional strengthening programs in Haiti strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities•
- Extensive technical expertise in one or more of the following: problem-driven iterative adaptation, PEA, adaptive management, local systems, local governance capacity building, governance, decentralization, institutional capacity building, and related approaches.
- Reputation for professional excellence including outstanding facilitation, strategic planning and management skills (as evidenced by references and achievements).
- Exceptional communications and presentation skills (oral and written).
- Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Ability to resolve sensitive and complicated work issues with senior high-level country counterparts, donor representative and senior-level staff.
- Verbal and written fluency in French and Cr•ole required.
- Proficiency in English preferred.
Position is contingent upon award and funding.
About the OrganizationIDG Governance & Economic Development