Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking multiple qualified Senior Technical Advisors specializing in Trade, Investment, Public-Private Partnerships, or Capacity Building for an anticipated USAID project in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (Lao PDR) focusing on enabling business environments and promoting trade investment. All positions are subject to successful project award.
The purpose of the anticipated Business Environment project is to increase the Laotian government’s capacity to conduct trade within global and bilateral trade frameworks and engage with relevant stakeholders to promote economic partnerships and investment.
- Provide technical inputs and expertise on trade, investment, public-private partnerships, or capacity-building trainings for relevant stakeholders in Lao PDR;
- Participate in strategic planning and policy development and reform with relevant national-level stakeholders;
- Oversee project implementation and ensure accountability and compliance with all USAID and CA-USA processes and regulations;
- Design, conduct, and oversee research activities, assessments, and other analytical products as requested;
- Manage and coordinate program implementation in partnership with program staff;
- Deliver capacity building and training for national NGOs, community-based organizations, and other stakeholders in-country; and
- Produce all relevant technical inputs and deliverables as required.
- Master’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Economics, Public Policy, International Economic Policy, or related field required;
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in economic growth initiatives, policy reform, decentralization, trade, public/private partnerships, and/or public/private dialogue in Lao PDR or a similar economic/political environment preferred;
- USAID or other donor experienced preferred;
- Lao language fluency highly preferred, and fluency in English required; and
- Regional or local work experience required, and Laotian nationals highly encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Crown Agents is an international development company employing over 600 personnel worldwide with a presence in more than 40 countries, subsidiaries in 11 countries, and permanent staff working on the ground in 22 corporate offices in Africa, Asia Latin America, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Crown Agents Agents provides direct assistance, management consulting, and human and institutional development for public and private sector clients in procurement, logistics, health systems strengthening, customs and trade facilitation and public financial management.
Crown Agents USA (CA-USA), the U.S. incorporated subsidiary of Crown Agents, provides direct technical assistance, capacity development, and procurement services to stimulate economic growth, establish good governance, and improve health outcomes across the developing world. Since its incorporation in the United States in 1998, CA-USA has provided technical assistance services and support to U.S. Government agencies and international organizations such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA), Department of State (DOS), and the Gates Foundation.