Job DescriptionRTI International•s International Development Group seeks an experienced and dynamic Senior Technical Advisor for Integrated Learning Solutions (ILS) practice, to provide a range of learning and advisory services, and technical assistance to USAID-funded clients.• RTI International has been USAID•s training program development partner for over a decade. Our team is committed to this partnership effort to transform USAID into a learning organization. The Integrated Learning Solutions (ILS) team designs competency-based programs that blend facilitator-led sessions, e-learning, retreats, coaching, and knowledge management.
Senior Technical Advisor will provide senior level management and technical assistance to Integrated Learning Solutions projects and assigned USG clients. S/he will be responsible for overall project performance to client requirements and satisfaction, and in conformance with RTI policies, procedures and guidelines. May perform the role of a Project Manager as needed.
The position will report to the Director for Integrated Learning Solutions.
Technical Leadership for Current and Future Portfolio Needs•
- Conduct periodic agency-wide needs assessments, as requested.
- Perform outreach and communication activities for programs and recommend learning-related solutions, tools and systems (e.g. developing content for website, learning strategy, etc.).
- Provide strategic guidance and facilitation support to senior level working groups.
- Lead the development of learning strategies and identification of learning and performance improvement best practices.
- Assist with research, planning, design and implementation of learning activities.
- Coordinating and working with the ILS Director to identify and discuss agency wide learning solutions strategy.
- Draft and/or contribute to blogs, technical articles, papers, reports on key training and facilitation topics.
- Draft and/or contribute to presentations, seminars and workshops on international development topics.
- Identify opportunities that will contribute to the growth of ILS practice.
- Perform business development tasks: maintaining relationships with the client, coordinating meetings, developing technical and cost approaches, making bid/no bid recommendations, identifying and securing teaming partners.•
- Contribute or lead the development of technical proposals, white papers, or concept notes in response to client needs.
- Engage in additional business development activities as needed.
Senior Project Management
- Responsible for project management schedules, budget, and contractual deliverables.
- Maintain relationships with key sector partners (large and small business), consultants, and stakeholders.
- Ensure project documentation, deliverables and data are maintained consistently in accordance with policies and standards for RTI/ILS.
- Draft report sections for external clients and Professional Development initiatives within the ILS portfolio.
- May directly supervise Chief of Party and/or Project Management Team staff (Project Coordinators, Project Associates, etc.).
- Mentor, and develop staff within the technical portfolio.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Education and Experience
Bachelor•s Degree in relevant social science or related field and 20 years of related work experience; or Master•s Degree in relevant social science or related field and 15 years of related work experience; or
- Experience in project management, administration and operational support in international development.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, facilitating and evaluating tailored learning activities, across a variety of themes, forums and stakeholders.
- Experience working with project management teams and matrix environment.•
- Proven technical experience with applicable technical area (e.g. adult leaning, learning best practices)•
- Management experience required.• Field supervisory management preferred.
- Experience supporting and working with small businesses to implement projects preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced understanding of Professional Development strategies within an international development context.•
- Proven ability to manage and support complex portfolios.
- PMP course work or certification preferred.•
- Advanced proficiency in project operational management and support skills and abilities.
- Proven ability to work across technical and operational areas within practice area and division.
- Expert knowledge in project management practices in international development.
- Strong client relationship management skills and abilities.•
- Strong report writing skills and abilities.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Excellent ability in communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability.•
About the OrganizationIDG Learning, Energy & Environment for Development