You will lead MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) technical assistance for food security programs globally and provide leadership and advice in line with CRS program quality and MEAL principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices. You will provide technical leadership and guidance to technical advisors, regional, country program, and project teams. You will liaise with M&E teams at USAID (e.g. Food for Peace, Bureau for Food Security) and other donors. Your expertise, leadership, and influence will play a key role in how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS food security programming is across the globe.
Technical Assistance and Capacity Strengthening
* Advise CRS country and project teams in developing and implementing MEAL strategies, tools, systems and plans for food security programming to ensure accountability and learning for dynamic problem solving, high quality programming and technical excellence.
* Guide CRS teams on FFP MEAL requirements and expectations to support the development and implementation of MEAL plans, systems and tools for FFP-funded programs.
* Develop and review baseline, midterm review and final evaluation TORs, and assist with project evaluations or other assessments.
* Review project progress reports, evaluation reports, and other MEAL-related deliverables for FFP and other food security programs to ensure MEAL compliance and provide feedback to strengthen the quality of the products. Serve as a technical backstop to MEAL regional technical advisors for technical support and reviews of FFP and other food security programs.
* Support FFP project teams in applying the “Refine and Implement” approach to FFP-funded programs, including designing Refine activities and analyzing findings and applying them to implementation design.
* Work with country and project teams to strengthen the MEAL capacity of partners, abiding by partnership principles.
* Support country programs to appropriately staff for MEAL within food security project teams.
* Contribute to developing food security proposals by participating in design teams and writing MEAL sections of proposals.
* Review proposal documents for FFP and other food security projects, including logframes, Theory of Change, detailed implementation plans, and budgets to ensure MEAL activities that reflect donor and industry MEAL standards and comply with CRS MEAL policies and procedures.
* Engage with the FFP M&E team to remain abreast of FFP MEAL approaches, share CRS MEAL work, and facilitate linkages between FFP and CRS project MEAL activities.
* Where appropriate, develop and maintain linkages with MEAL teams of other donors supporting food security programs.
* Master’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, International Development, Public Health, or related field required. PhD or equivalent degree (e.g., MD, DrPH, EdD) preferred.
* Minimum of ten years of work experience with progressive responsibilities, working in an advisory or management role preferably with five years overseas experience working in the field advising or managing projects in multiple regions.
* Experience leading monitoring, evaluation and learning functions in development programming; experience with USAID food security programs preferred.
* Experience with analytic software such as R, STATA, SPSS, or SAS.
* Demonstrated experience representing an organization at meetings with donors, government, international NGOs, and local partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
Required Languages - Fluency in French, Spanish, or Arabic preferred
Travel - 30% Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions)
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.