Devex is assisting an international NGO in looking for a Senior Technical Advisor – MNCH.
Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer, the STA is an expert responsible for ensuring technical quality of field programs, developing and executing technical strategies for programmatic opportunities, significantly contribute to the business development efforts as a subject matter expert and providing high level technical assistance to field projects as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s with 10 years of experience, or PhD with 7 years of experience. MD or RN degree strongly preferred.
- Experience in providing technical assistance in the area of quality improvement for maternal, newborn, and child health
- Experience in working with USAID maternal and child health or related projects
- Experience in leading or contributing to technical proposal developments, especially for USG grants
PREFERRED EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE:
- Training in quality improvement interventions for healthcare settings in low- and middle-income countries
- Experience in managing quality improvement initiatives in MNCH
- Experience in designing and implementing patient-centered care transformation/change
- Senior level technical leadership experience in designing, implementing, and evaluating complex projects directly related to quality of care for maternal, child, and neonatal health
- Demonstrated record of publishing technical reports, peer reviewed articles, and guidelines in MCHN
- Evaluation, implementation research, quantitative and/or qualitative research
- Established network with technical experts in MCHN
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Technical expertise in maternal, child, and neonatal health care in low- and middle-income countries
- Clinical experience (nursing, midwifery, or medical) in maternal, neonatal, and child health
- Knowledge in patient-centered care
- Deep and updated knowledge on health service quality assurance and improvement
- Public presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills in English
- French capability preferred
- Knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership capability
- Clear and articulated communication, especially with remote communication
- Multi-tasking to simultaneously provide support to projects
- Ability to connect and develop collaborative relationships with field-based technical officers and government officials in the field
- Position involves both local and international travel.
- Position is based in an office and involves sitting for most of the day.
- Position requires lifting up to 10 lbs. occasionally.