Global Communities is seeking a Senior Technical Advisor, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) for an anticipated, USAID-funded HIV Prevention Activity in Malawi. The program’s goal is to prevent new HIV infections in target populations within PEPFAR priority districts. The program will increase the use of proven, high-impact HIV prevention interventions by high-risk and underserved populations, especially adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) and men. It will also identify undiagnosed HIV-infected persons and link them to treatment.
The Senior Technical Advisor, M&E will lead M&E efforts for DREAMS AGYW services and HIV case finding implementation and develop monitoring, evaluation and reporting (MER) systems that include appropriate indicators, baseline data, targets and a plan to evaluate performance and produce timely, accurate and complete reporting. S/he will also design and execute qualitative research to obtain client feedback on barriers and facilitating factors to use of program services.
The Senior Technical Advisor, M&E will have the following qualifications and experience:
* A Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, Social Sciences, or other relevant discipline.
* Minimum 7 years working on monitoring and evaluation in the public health and HIV fields.
* Demonstrated expertise in designing rigorous quantitative and qualitative data collection systems and knowledge of methods for data analysis.
* Knowledge of M&E issues and indicator development for HIV prevention and service delivery strengthening related to HIV/AIDS.
* Familiarity with PEPFAR indicators and reporting requirements.
* Hands-on practical experience setting up and managing monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems for health programs in developing countries, and the ability to coach and train others in their use.
* Experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings.
* Excellent report writing, analytical and oral presentation skills.