Senior Technical Advisor, Private Sector
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium is seeking a Senior Technical Advisor to add to the vibrant and dynamic team focused on private sector project activities within the Health Practice as needs arise. The Senior Technical Advisor will support the development and execution of private health sector activities, primarily for USAID-funded projects. This work may include conducting private sector landscape assessments, financial and economic analysis and business case development for private sector engagement, brokering public-private partnerships, structuring innovative financing and blended financing mechanisms that engages commercial sector and investors, and developing institutional capacity of private organizations.
The individual is expected to reach out and collaborate with a wide spectrum of technical teams across the company, both within and beyond the Health Practice, to complete their assignments. The Senior Technical Advisor will also be responsible for managing discrete project activities, including workplanning, budgeting, staffing, and reporting. Senior Technical Advisor will contribute to business development efforts, as needs arise, related to private sector health activities.
This role reports to Director, Private Sector Health.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support related to family planning/reproductive health, HIV, maternal and child health, and other areas, including desk-based research, quantitative analysis (e.g. costing), health market analysis, economic model development, and commercial sector and investor partnership building.
- Provides remote and on-the-ground managerial and operational oversight to specific projects and activities in a developing country setting.
- Provides analytical and evaluative techniques to identify, consider, and resolve issues or problems.
- Uses various quantitative and qualitative techniques to perform private sector health policy analyses.
- Leads planning, development, and implementation of private health sector activities, including management of staff, budget, reporting requirements, and products.
- Prepares presentations, manuscripts, reports, and briefs for internal and/or client use.
- Supports capacity building and knowledge sharing within the company on private sector engagement and investments in health.
- Represents the project/program in specific technical meetings and fora, including coordination meetings with partners, clients and other stakeholders.
- Participate in outside associations, conferences, and symposia, including presentations of technical work.
- Participates in business development efforts, as required and appropriate.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience in private sector health, health finance, health marketing and communication, consulting, international development, or other related fields
- Understanding of commercial sector in developing country context required, such as private hospital and clinic networks, healthcare manufacturers (biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies), health insurance, among others. Experience working with/ for commercial companies and/or investors, especially in the developing country health sector context, highly desirable.
- Experience with government engagement and policy analyses, desired.
- Past work experience managing USAID- or other donor-funded projects required.
- Robust network across development and private sector health industry, strong networking skills, and track record of working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams to cross-selling offerings.
- Ability and interest to present complex information to diverse audiences. Clear and effective writing and oral communication skills, including significant experience with report development and presentation software
- Strong program management, organizational, and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience working internationally. Experience in sub-Saharan Africa and/or Southeast Asia is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, financial, and evaluative skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
- Professional and mature demeanor and conduct.
- Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations.
- Work well with limited oversight and with diverse cross-cultural groups, partners, and colleagues
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally, required