FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Technical Advisor, Private Sector Engagement for an anticipated USAID Natural Resource Security and Governance (NRSG), Save Forests and Biodiversity Project. The five-year project seeks to strengthen environmental resilience by reducing environmental crimes and unsustainable environmental practices, developing the natural resource sector, and strengthening natural resource governance. This position is subject to project award and funding.
The Senior Technical Advisor, Private Sector Engagement will lead the NRSG program efforts to build and strengthen partnerships with private sector corporations, foundations, and impact investors with aligned interests in the natural resource sector to support inclusive and sustainable economic growth in the Philippines. S/he will leverage the private sector’s expertise, resources and investment to achieve program objectives, especially as it relates to agricultural value chains. S/he will provide technical leadership, support, and build market-based solutions, linkages, and capacity in the NRSG project, serving as a subject matter expert as well as helping oversee the day-to-day management of the program activities and implementation of the program work plan. S/he will liaise with and maintain productive, collaborative relationships among project and local partners, private sector leaders, and representatives of trade and business associations and small businesses at the national and local levels.
- Provide overall strategic direction and supervision for all private sector engagement activities including:
- Technical assistance and capacity building with private sector engagement and market-based solutions
- Landscape analyses on key industries, market value chains, and private sector actors for greater private sector engagement in the natural resource sector
- Development of innovative and sustainable market-based approaches and frameworks to sustainably manage the natural resource sector, strengthen environmental resilience and environmental governance
- Program management and working alongside local partners to ensure program objectives with natural resource sector development are achieved
- Catalyzing program resources and using private capital for scale
- Lead technical design and implementation of regional and local private sector engagement interventions in line with project objectives and global and regional best practices
- Provide input and serve as a source of information on issues related to interactions with the business community
- Assist in developing protocols and standard operating procedures to increase institutions and training facilities ability to effectively engage with the private sector
- Collaborate and build strategic partnerships with a diverse set of stakeholders such as national government agencies, non-government organizations, law enforcement agencies, regional and local governments, private sector organizations, local communities (especially with key stakeholders such as women, indigenous peoples, smallholder farmers, and fisherfolks), and academic institutions
- Monitor and analyze project performance and provide support and recommendations to project teams to adapt programming to ensure achievement of project goals
- Master’s degree in business administration, economics, international development, natural resource management, or a related technical field
- Minimum Ten years of technical experience in social innovation, social enterprise, sustainable livelihoods and agriculture, natural resource management, and related fields
- At least eight years of successful work experience in private sector engagement program design, activity implementation, and/or technical service provision preferred
- Applied knowledge of key tools, frameworks, and methodologies in social innovation, social enterprise, market value chains, private sector engagement, natural resource management, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, and related disciplines
- Up-to-date knowledge of the private sector engagement approaches and best practices
- Understanding and experience with Philippine private sector policy, structures, and organizations
- Demonstrated ability in negotiating public-private partnerships, preferably in the natural resource management sector
- Proven ability to engage and partner with the private sector on development
- Ability to engage and work with senior government officials, private sector leaders, and other key stakeholders within natural resource management
- Experience in social innovation, social enterprise, and gender equity models in programs
- Experience in social entrepreneurship or conservation finance, a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and fluency in Filipino preferred
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.