Job DescriptionRTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 2,800 provides research and technical expertise to governments and businesses in more than 40 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory and chemistry services.
RTI International is seeking a Senior Technical Advisor, Research and Evaluation for an upcoming USAID-funded HIV Evaluation Project that will support evaluations, operations research and assessments of U.S. government (USG)-supported HIV/AIDS-related activities in Cambodia. The position will be based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
• Provides technical leadership and utilizes the best available methods to assess and evaluate innovations in HIV programs
• Supports efforts to build field capacity in monitoring and evaluation and develops and strengthens evidence based data methodologies, collection, interpretation for decision-making and protocols;
• Conducts evaluations, assessments, comparative analyses, and other related tasks in support of project reporting needs;
• Contributes to qualitative and quantitative operations research projects on target populations to ensure scientific stature, data quality and accuracy, and dissemination of results to stakeholders; disseminate findings to use for decision making and build the international evidence base for HIV programs in concentrated-epidemic settings; and build the capacity of a local research institution to conduct assessments and evaluations.
• Minimum of a Masters degree preferably in Public Health, Epidemiology, or related field; and at least 9 years of experience working in research and project design, implementation and M&E focused on providing technical assistance for HIV prevention, care, and treatment.
• Experience conducting research in Southeast Asia required; Cambodia-specific experience preferred.
• Demonstrated experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data and experience working with USAID and/or PEPFAR along with knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, and tools for M&E;
• Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills and ability to produce thorough, high quality results within a tight timeframe required;
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work with delicate issues and projects;
• Strong oral and written communication skills and computer literacy;
• English language fluency (written and spoken) required; additional proficiency in Khmer highly preferred.
• Cambodian nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Specific information regarding the laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be located at the employment portal www.rti.org/jobs
RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program, for specific information on this program please visit our employment portal at www.rti.org/jobs