IREX seeks qualified Senior Technical Advisor candidates for an anticipated USAID education project in Georgia. The project will seek to: 1) Expand the innovative learning instruction methods in reading and math into the national curriculum in all 2,400 of Georgia’s primary schools for grades 1-6, including schools in marginalized communities; 2) Strengthen teacher development curricula and teacher induction activities in at least five universities across the country that will result in a highly-qualified cadre of teachers and; 3) Build financial literacy and entrepreneurial skills.
This position is contingent on funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and advise the COP and other project staff on various technical tasks related to the project
- Help design the strategy and approaches to achieve expected results
- Represent the project during interactions with key government officials, other donors and implementers, private sector and civil society partners, project beneficiaries, and other stakeholders
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with local, regional, and international organizations
- Other duties, as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Education, Social Sciences, or a related field of study
- At least ten (10) years of experience in education
- At least 5 (five) years of experience in a senior technical role related to primary education
- Experience on donor-funded education projects is strongly preferred
- Thorough understanding of Georgian education sector and actors
- Demonstrated primary education technical capacity
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with senior government officials; education professionals; media, civil society, and private sector leaders; international donors; and other stakeholders
- Strong writing, representational, and organizational skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Georgian
Go to https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oE7N8fwq&s=Devex to submit your CV for consideration.
About the Organization
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $80 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.