Summary of Position
IREX seeks qualified Senior Technical Advisor candidates for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded youth economic self-reliance and resilience program in Liberia. The activity anticipates targeting Liberian youth ages 15-29 in the counties of Montserrado, Grand Bassa and Lofa. The Senior Technical Advisor will be based in Monrovia and will provide high-quality technical inputs to achieve all program objectives.
Only citizens of Liberia or third-country nationals living and authorized to work in Liberia will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party, provide technical direction for improving youth livelihoods by strengthening basic education, foundational skills, and vocational skills for entrepreneurship and formal employment opportunities; access to financial resources and services; as well as, youth support networks and youth-serving organizations.
- Develop work plans; lead implementation of youth education, training, and employment activities; and ensure the program adaptively responds to changes in the operating environment to meet the desired objectives
- Manage and supervise a team of technical support staff
- Facilitate inclusive and gender-sensitive processes and approaches, engaging local organizations, institutions, and youth, to design and implement effective community-level activities targeting youth
- Develop and maintain cross-sectoral relationships with key government entities at the national and local level, other donors and implementers, private sector and civil society partners, employers, program beneficiaries, youth leaders, youth cooperatives, youth networks, and other stakeholders to foster an enabling environment for youth productivity
- Build relationships with employers, and work with them to increase opportunities for youth to serve in apprenticeships, internships, or positions leading to employment
- Ensure that training curricula and program activities are high quality, effective, and customized to the needs and realities of young people and the labor market
- Oversee technical activities of local partner organizations and provide coaching to ensure a focus on relevant activities and achievement of outcomes
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluation, and learning; project communications; and project reporting
- Other duties, as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Liberian citizenship or residency with work authorization is required
- Master’s degree in a relevant field and minimum of eight (8) years of experience in integrated youth development services, or a bachelor’s degree with at least ten (10) years of relevant experience
- A deep understanding of the youth education, training, work, and employment/self-employment landscape in Liberia, including with local governments, employers, and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) providing youth employment services
- Demonstrated experience in managing youth development and/or workforce development programs, with the ability to demonstrate outcomes
- Prior experience providing technical assistance and/or coaching to local organizations/institutions on youth employability issues
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills including conflict resolution abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including governments, private sector, educational institutions, NGOs, donors, etc.
- Strong representational and organizational skills
- A commitment to, and vision for how youth employment outcomes can be improved
- Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individual regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status
- Must be fluent in English
Please visit https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oB1vbfw2&s=Devex to submit your CV for consideration. Please do NOT apply if you do not meet all of the required qualifications.
About the Organization
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.