Chemonics seeks a senior technical advisory team manager who will supervise a technical advisory team composed of conflict mitigation and economic growth experts. This position will be based in Baghdad, Iraq. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Supervise technical advisors and their direct reports and manage performance
- Coordinate with the grants manager, knowledge and outreach manager, and operations director and lead technical advisors in providing input to task order design, activity design, activity implementation, and activity monitoring and reporting. Ensure all activities are conflict-sensitive, inclusive, and contribute to project objectives
- Ensure activities across task orders are designed and implemented in a consistent and complementary way
- Contribute to and lead periodic technical assessments and research products
- Contribute to implementation of program strategy in collaboration with project team
- Identify program opportunities and local partners in collaboration with local staff, conducting community assessments, supporting Community Dialogue processes, identifying leadership in given communities, and ensuring appropriate technical work in activity planning and implementation
- Collaborate with knowledge and outreach manager to integrate technical findings, knowledge, and assessments into overall project knowledge management and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or commensurate experience
- At least five years of experience in conflict or post-conflict settings with a donor, contractor, or international NGO conducting assessments, research, program design and management, or context analysis to practically inform program decision-making
- Demonstrated experience in conflict analysis; program design in conflict-affected, high-risk environments; management of relationships with community leaders; challenges to economic development; or best practices to include and empower populations likely to be marginalized such as women, youth, the disabled, and internally displaced people
- At least three years of supervisory experience, preferably with culturally and geographically diverse staff, including remote management experience
- Experience working in developing countries required. Experience with complex, high-speed and challenging field operations, including operations where conflict and security considerations are a concern, preferred
- Experience working in Iraq or other countries in the Middle East undergoing transition highly desired
- Ability to cope with and function effectively in high-stress and fluid environments
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in Arabic and English required
Please submit your application here and include your CV and cover letter by December 6, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will received consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.