DevTech is seeking a local Senior Development Specialist—IT Support to provide support for two Early Grade Reading Assessments (baseline and midline) data collection activities for the Education Data Activity in Zambia. This position’s responsibilities include building/expanding on an existing EGRA application tool, training staff and government representatives on the application, and IT general support, while remining in compliance with USAID ADS 500 Series.
Scope of Work:
- Collaborate with DevTech IT professionals to develop a Zambia-focused tablet-based EGRA Application;
- Conduct trainings on utilizing the EGRA application for field staff, partners from the Zambian government and EGRA assessors on inputting EGRA survey instruments into the application;
- Conduct staff trainings on utilizing the EGRA application field staff, partners from the Zambian government and EGRA assessors to configure and use the mobile data collection application;
- Provide general IT support, such as configuring mobile device management software onto tablets, troubleshooting, and debugging.
Deliverables, Level of Effort, & Schedule:
- Receive training on tablet-based EGRA Application and further develop application to focus on Zambia, 17 days.
- Conduct trainings on EGRA Application for field staff, partners and assessors: 10 days.
- Provide general IT support, 3 days, ongoing.
- A four year university degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience designing and building applications, preferably with USG/USAID contracts.
- Demonstrated experience with software design and programming principles.
- Ability to meet deadlines on time and work in a fast pace environment.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Certified application developer is a plus.
About the Organization
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements outlined here are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.