Are you a seasoned senior leader in international public health interested in a rewarding career with our International Division? Then this is the right opportunity for you to join our team. Read on…..
Medical Care Development, Inc., (MCD) was founded in 1966 as an US‐based not‐for‐profit established to assist the State of Maine to bring higher quality health care to its underserved rural population. It now operates throughout the United States. In 1977 MCD became a global public health non-profit with the founding and addition of an international division, Medical Care Development International (MCDI). MCDI was founded with the belief that MCD’s successful approach to health systems development in the rural United States could be adapted to meet the needs of developing nations. MCDI uses practical, evidence‐based and high‐impact approaches to strengthen health systems in developing countries and to improve the health of vulnerable populations overseas through integrated, sustainable and locally‐driven interventions. Since its inception, MCDI has implemented public health programs in over 40 developing countries. MCDI collaborates with donors, national governments, the private sector, health agencies, communities and local stakeholders to improve health and save lives in the following areas: infectious disease control and elimination, including notably malaria, tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, among others; maternal, neonatal and child health; and water, sanitation and hygiene.
We are looking to bring on board a full-time Senior Technical Lead (Deputy Director). This is a senior technical and leadership position in the organization’s International Division (MCDI) that reports directly to the Division Director. The STL serves as the Deputy Director responsible for overseeing MCDI’s Technical Unit, which provides technical assistance to MCDI’s business development and programs teams. A primary role of the STL is to serve as the in-house technical lead on all MCDI business development proposals working in close consultation with MCDI’s Senior Business Development Manager and the International Division Director. The STL also oversees and coordinates the Technical Unit and ensures that it provides state-of-the-art technical guidance to MCDI programs and technical support in ensuring effective monitoring, evaluation, learning, collaboration and adaptive planning, management and operational decision-making. As the Deputy International Division Director, the STL provides additional support to the Division Director as required and contributes to the MCD’s organizational development effort.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing international organization.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
· Master’s Degree in international health, public health, or related field.
· At least 10 years of related work experience serving as a technical lead contributor and writer for business development in health sector.
· Strong knowledge of USAID, World Bank, Global Fund and major health donors funding mechanisms, frameworks, programs.
· At least 10 years of related work experience in senior position providing technical assistance to and/or managing health programs overseas in one or more MCDI priority program areas: Malaria, HIV/AIDS, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, Sanitation and Hygiene, Health System Strengthening, and/or communicable diseases.
· Competency in epidemiology of tropical diseases, environmental health, Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement, monitoring and evaluation, policy analysis and development, management and leadership.
· Demonstrated experience leading, coaching and mentoring technical teams.
· Strong knowledge of major partners and peer organization in the health sector, including academic institutions.
· Strong representation capacity including networking skills and presenting to large groups.
· Strong analytic, writing and knowledge management skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills, team player, ability of working in a challenging and difficult environment and makes her/himself available as needed.
· Level 5 R/S proficiency in English.
· Proficient in the use of the standard Microsoft Office package with particular experience using Words, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer.
· PhD or doctorate degree in international health, public health or related field.
· A published record in peer-reviewed journals or conference presentations, white papers, and or project reports in one or more of the program areas in which MCDI competes and/or in one or more global health competency areas.
· At least Level 4 R/S proficiency in other relevant language (French or Spanish).
Position Type: Senior level (Full Time)
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland or remote (with up to 20% anticipated international travel based on program needs)
An updated CV and cover letter (including salary expectations) via email to: email@example.com. Position will be open until filled.
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Organization