FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical Officer
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Technical Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E), based in Washington DC for the USAID-funded project, Linkages across the Continuum of HIV Services for Key Populations Affected by HIV (LINKAGES), under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) program. LINKAGES is implemented by FHI 360 in partnership with Pact, IntraHealth and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and conducts a range of activities to reduce HIV transmission among key populations (KP) — sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender persons and people who inject drugs — and improve their enrollment and retention in care and treatment across the HIV cascade.
Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the key populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
The Senior Technical Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation will work closely with the Sr. Technical Advisor for Strategic Information and support work in the area of monitoring and evaluation. The M&E portfolio covers the development of comprehensive M&E plans and establishment of robust program monitoring and evaluation systems at the project, program and sites levels. The incumbent should possess scientific and management expertise and substantial experience relevant to planning and implementing M&E activities for PEPFAR supported key populations projects. Responsibilities include:
- Provide scientific and technical support in the area of M&E plans and systems and the development and implementation of unique identifier codes
- Provide technical leadership on data security issues, use of mobile technology for M&E and development of electronic data collection and storage systems
- Provide technical assistance on HIV cascade assessments and program evaluations
- Provides M&E related technical assistance to over five country programs
- Support capacity building and/or technical assistance activities for local partners, including ministries of health, sub-grantees and implementing partners to design and implement rigorous M&E systems
- Compile M&E data at a project level for inclusion in the project semi-annual and other reports
- Develop data collection and reporting forms for country program M&E as needed
- Supports coordinate quarterly Thematic Advisory Group-Strategic Information (TAG-SI) meetings
- Reviews and/or write M&E plans, papers, and reports and ensures their accuracy and appropriateness
- Represent the project at national and international meetings
- MS/MA in relevant field and 8+ years of experience planning and implementing M&E systems in developing countries (at least one of the following regions preferred: Asia, Africa and Latin America and Caribbean)
- Experience in one of the following technical areas (unique identifier codes, mobile technology for M&E or MIS)
- Experience in providing M&E support to programs working with key populations including one or more of the following: sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender persons and people who inject drugs
- Experience in developing and implementing M&E activities that incorporate human rights considerations
- Ability to work independently with initiative and flexibility to manage high volume work flow and concurrent activities/deliverables
- Relevant computer software skills, including statistical analysis and preferably, mapping/GIS programs
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as needed, including travel to developing countries
- Fluency in French desired
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.