The Senior Technical Specialist will support the growth and development of Social Impact’s practice by joining on-going projects as a project director or technical advisor. Additionally, this individual will have a hand in developing new business through the development contacts and opportunities, support technical proposals. The primary function of the Senior Technical Specialist will be to provide technical oversight, implementation, and quality control for SI’s performance evaluation contracts. However, this individual will also have the opportunity to work on projects across the organization. With support from SI Program Managers, the Senior Technical Specialist may also provide management oversight and support for these projects and programs.
Service Delivery- 80%
- Apply advanced technical knowledge and state of the art methodologies, analysis, and practices to project work in one of the following project positions: Project Director, Team Leader, Senior M&E Specialist, Senior Technical Advisor in Methods.
- Ensure adherence to and promote SI’s Evaluation Quality, Use, and Impact protocols, while meeting contractual requirements
- Provide coaching and troubleshooting support for SI teams working on evaluation projects
- Ensure client satisfaction and monitoring use of research and evaluation findings/products
- Lead or co-lead training and technical assistance for key donors and clients
- Provide direct service delivery on client contracts.
Business Development – 12%
- Serve as technical lead or technical writer for proposals, including several complex proposals requiring high levels of technical input
- Lead scoping, positioning, planning, marketing and proposal development related to SI’s work with current and new clients.
- Aid in the identification of evaluation experts, team leaders, and sectoral experts for bids. Interview and assess technical capacity of proposed SI staff and consultants for inclusion in proposals
Thought Leadership/PE OH- 8%
- Be a recognized technical expert in SI in evaluation and apply that expertise to SI projects and proposals
- Develop knowledge assets and new technical approaches to differentiate SI from other competitors in the evaluation market place
- Present Thought Leadership Pieces Internally and Externally
- Participate in and lead relevant external communities of practice
- Publish technical peer reviewed papers, blogs, working papers, and other influence products for the performance evaluation community
- Master’s Degree, plus 7 years of professional experience.
- Degree(s) in one of the social sciences or international development with evidence of in-depth technical training in evaluation/research design, data collection, and analysis.
- Knowledge and experience either in quantitative or qualitative research methods, with a preference for strong qualitative methods experience.
- Professional experience either as a team lead or as key staff on evaluations, preferably in developing countries.
- In-depth experience in one or more area in international development such as democracy and governance, security and peace keeping, humanitarian assistance, workforce development, food security, health and education, the environment, and economic growth etc.
- Demonstrated experience leading short-term evaluations and assessments while maintaining quality and ensuring well-written/produced deliverables.
- Willingness and ability to travel overseas for short to medium term assignments.
- Proficiency in a foreign language, preferably Spanish, French, or Arabic.
- Demonstrated team building, team management and conflict management skills for short-term technical assistance projects, preferred.
- Experience working with DOS, USAID and international NGOs.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.