The Strategy, Performance, and Capacity Building (SPCB) division provides SI’s management consulting services, including workforce and organizational assessments, business process analysis, strategic planning, project design, organizational re-design, change management, and the full range of performance management and organizational learning services, from indicator development and setting baselines and targets, to data quality assessments, helping clients develop data quality assurance systems, and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA). We provide training, technical assistance, coaching, and as well as management assessments, structured and Open Space Technology retreats, and a full range of customized support to clients seeking to improve organizational performance.
The team is offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated technical expert to help support our SPCB work. SI offers competitive salaries based on the candidate’s experience and skills and generous benefits.
The Senior Technical Specialist will provide technical support for a portfolio of SPCB services. The Senior Technical Specialist will work with government agencies, their implementing partners, foundations, multilateral organizations, and other clients to a) develop CLA frameworks, interventions, and products focused on strengthening collaboration, increasing learning and adaptive management, b) generating knowledge management and utility-focused products for strategic client use; b) lead the integration of M&E, analytics, data visualization, and GIS for learning; and, d) deliver training curricula, technical assistance, and other capacity-building services related to M&E, CLA, strategic planning, and compliance with U.S. Government regulations for flexible and results-oriented management.
The Senior Technical Specialist will lead or support SI technical delivery of an array of CLA-focused activities, for client contracts, including SI field offices and non-field-based activities. In addition, the Senior Technical Specialist will support the continued growth of SPCB through proposal development, fostering strong relationships with existing and new clients and participating in outreach and dissemination activities, including conference presentations and publication, and will participate in internal initiatives.
The Senior Technical Specialist will report to the Senior Program Director for SPCB and is expected to be a non-supervisory position.
Technical delivery and management
The Senior Technical Specialist will be responsible for providing technical assistance and leading or supporting technical delivery of CLA and capacity-building activities and other tasks, as appropriate. This will include:
- Designing and implementing creative CLA activities and approaches leveraging data and evidence for decision making
- Integrating M&E, assessment, and GIS data with an eye towards client utility and strategic value
- Developing and disseminating strategies, tools, and products related to data visualization and knowledge management
- Designing and carrying out purposeful data analyses with use in mind
- Capacity building and training of client staff around SPCB services, including client workshop and learning event facilitations
- Conceptualizing SPCB activity designs; participating in scoping trips and background research and producing syntheses thereof; developing tools and approaches for SPCB services; and, drafting and editing written reports
- Troubleshooting, coordinating, and enhancing the technical quality of SI external consultants’ work by providing quality assurance and support on project deliverables.
The Senior Technical Specialist will be expected to support SPCB through developing technical resources, providing internal trainings, and engaging in technical mentoring/coaching of more junior SI staff.
The Senior Technical Specialist will be expected to participate in proposal development in support of new business. S/he will collaborate with SI’s Business Development team to help identify new opportunities, write technical and related sections for proposals, review draft proposals, make referrals of outside consultants and staff to be included in proposals, and support the pricing team by reviewing Level of Effort estimates for proposal budgets. S/he may also support critical data visualization and marketing products for BD and SPCB.
- A minimum of a Masters, plus 7 years of relevant professional experience in subject areas such as organizational learning, organizational development, economics, statistics, international development, or other related social sciences.
- Experience in M&E, Information and Communication Technologies for Development (ICT4D), data analysis, systems, and visualization, organizational learning, knowledge management, GIS or capacity building in developing countries.
- Experience working in developing countries preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in multiple SPCB services (CLA, management consulting, M&E, assessments, data analysis and visualization, knowledge management, capacity building, and training).
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and independent thought leadership.
- Knowledge of USAID, MCC, DOS, DFID, and other donors.
- Ability to facilitate multi-stakeholder learning events and workshops.
- Ability to design and deliver training on SPCB subject matter.
- Ability to design creative and useful client products.
- Ability to travel overseas for short-term assignments.
- Proficiency in at least one statistical software package, preferred
- Proficiency in a foreign language, such as Spanish or French preferred.
- Proficiency in graphic design preferred.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.