AECOM is currently seeking technical and operational specialists for Resilient Water, an anticipated USAID-funded transboundary waters project in Southern Africa. The goal of Resilient Waters is to build a more resilient Southern Africa by working at an appropriate scale in the Okavango and Limpopo river basin to improve transboundary management and decision making for water, biodiversity and associated natural resources, including in the face of potential climate impacts. Work will support existing USAID investments in the Okavango and Limpopo river basins.
Experts are sought for the following areas:
- Water resources management
- Water demand management
- Climate change adaptation
- Climate smart agriculture
- Natural resources management
- Public-private partnerships
- Community mobilization
- Monitoring & evaluation
- Finance and administration
- Master’s degree or higher in water resources management, water sanitation and supply management, natural resources management, climate change or other relevant field.
- 10 years professional experience in WASH, institutional strengthening, water sector financing, financing in WASH/other infrastructure, and/or private sector financing.
- Previous work experience with river basin organizations in SADC, such as OKACOM or ORASECOM, or other direct and relevant work experience in Southern Africa.
- Strong management skills and excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Previous work experience with USAID preferred.
About the Organization
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.