Tetra Tech International Development Services, in partnership with Winrock International, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for potential expert positions on an anticipated USAID funded program focused in the Khatlon region of Tajikistan. The goal of this Activity is to assist the Government of Tajikistan (GOT) to reduce hunger, malnutrition, and poverty of smallholder farmers by developing more productive and efficient agriculture systems, building the resilience of smallholders, and improving the enabling environment to facilitate long-term growth.
The anticipated components of this Activity are:
- Enhanced agriculture systems through improved productivity and access to markets as well as increased availability and consumption of diverse and nutritious foods.
- Strengthened resilience of vulnerable smallholders through diversification of livelihoods, strengthened institutions, improved natural resource management, and increased inclusivity of the agricultural system.
- Improved enabling environment through effective land governance management and systems, access to and use of agronomic and land information for both public and private stakeholders, and a strengthened policy environment at the national and local levels.
These are anticipated to be full-time positions based, depending on the position, in either Dushanbe or in the Khatlon region.
Area of Specialization Sought:
*Agricultural productivity and related technologies; producer group organization and strengthening; private agribusiness development; post-harvest handling and technologies; market information systems and market access; agricultural policy development and related advocacy.
*Nutrition-sensitive value chain and market development; nutritional messaging and behavior change;
*Natural resource management in rural settings, especially for water - experience with water user associations preferred.
*Rural income diversification, both out of agriculture and into more resilient mixed cropping/livestock systems; labor market analyses, including employment and migration considerations.
*SME Development, including for women and minority-owned businesses.
*Rural access to credit and finance, including insurance and other non-traditional finance.
*Land tenure and property rights, specifically: land policies and laws; land administration and service delivery; collective farm restructuring; legal aid; land valuation; land use planning.
* Minimum Bachelor’s Degree related to the solicited areas of specialization (above), advanced degree is a plus;
* Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant professional experience;
* Demonstrated experience providing technical input or advisory services in Tajikistan, and preferably in the Khatlon region;
* Professional proficiency in Tajik or Russian is required, proficiency in English is preferred;
* Qualified applicants from Tajikistan highly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.