Project: EU-China (Asia) action on consumer protection and non-food product safety in Asia
Engagement: Long-term, 270 working days
Location: China (PRC)
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is to contribute to increase the protection of EU citizens by reducing the presence of unsafe products on the EU market. These will be achieved by enhancing cooperation between the EU and China on consumer protection and product safety and raising awareness among Chinese economic operators about product safety and consumer protection requirements.
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
- To provide technical and logistical support to the EU-China cooperation and dialogue in the Product Safety and Consumer Protection policy area.
- To disseminate knowledge and raise awareness among economic operators about EU nonfood product safety and consumer protection requirements.
- To provide analysis to assess the feasibility of establishing institutional dialogue on consumer product safety issues with other countries in South Asia and South-East Asia.
The expected results are as follows:
- R1: Technical and logistical support to the EU-China cooperation and dialogue in the Product Safety and Consumer Protection policy area is provided through the organisation of high level conferences, workshops and/or other similar events as well as support to other related activities.
- R2: Knowledge and information about EU non-food product safety and consumer protection requirements are shared through training activities with manufacturers, retailers, importers, exporters, distributors, online operators and other economic operators.
- R3: A website including a simple-to-understand but comprehensive overview on EU product safety requirements and an e-Learning platform is developed in English and Chinese to contribute to the sharing of information on non-food product safety issues between the EU and China.
- R4: Technical analysis is carried out to assess the feasibility and relevance of establishing institutional dialogues on consumer product safety issues with other countries in South Asia and South-East Asia.
Qualifications and skills
- University Degree in Education, Pedagogy or any other discipline relevant to this project;
- Proficiency in English (oral and written);
- Excellent presentation, communication, and reporting skills.
General professional experience
- Minimum 10 years of post-graduate relevant experience in a sector relevant to the scope of the assignment.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in designing and facilitating interactive learning experiences, designing training curricula and evaluating training activities and workshops;
- Having successfully undertaken at least 1 assignment in the design and implementation of e-learning and other innovative training material tools and technologies over the last five years (2014-2019);
- Having successfully undertaken at least 1 assignment in designing and facilitating training and other learning activities in China and/or other countries in the region over the last five years (2014-2019).
- Knowledge of Chinese language;
- Knowledge in the area of consumer protection, product safety and/or market surveillance.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org