Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
Nathan is seeking a Senior Transaction Advisor for the upcoming Africa Trade and Investment Program (ATIP). This expected $400-750 million new program will work to expand African trade and investment in support of implementing the USG’s Prosper Africa initiative and USAID’s Private Sector Engagement policy. The project is expected to engage a variety of non-traditional actors, including transaction and investment advisors, financial institutions, and private companies, among other partners and will be funded through a combination of core and buy-in activities. ATIP will support trade, investment and PSE programming that drives development outcomes in all sectors. The project’s expected objectives include: 1) increased trade, 2) increased investment, 3) improved business environment, 4) leveraging strategic African, U.S., and international partners and resources, and 5) institutional support to USAID.
The Investment Advisor will provide leadership, vision, management, and technical direction to Objective 2 – Increased Investment – and contribute to the overall goal of a) identifying investment opportunities and sources of funds, b) promoting investment opportunities, c) structuring and/or facilitating investments, and d) developing new financing solutions. The Advisor will report to the COP and coordinate all technical assistance activities under Objective 2 with field staff, short-term consultants, and Nathan home office personnel. S/he may also be responsible for the implementation of additional specific technical tasks within the project (to be determined according to needs and expertise).
· Lead the design, strategy and adaptation for Objective 2 – Increased Investment throughout the project delivery;
· Work closely with in-country teams, partner institutions and beneficiary firms to deliver effective technical assistance and investment promotion support;
· Serve as a liaison with the DFC, US-EXIM, TDA and other USG agencies;
· Effectively implement Objective 2 workplan activities to ensure effective delivery on time and within budget and meets Client and stakeholder expectations;
· Develop scopes of work for the short-term technical assistance based on needs identified in the Annual Work Plan; and
· Promote the program among prospective participants, coordinate their selection, design action plans for and monitor progress towards goals and expected results.
Qualifications & SKILLS:
· An advanced degree from an accredited university in finance, economics or related field is required;
· Extensive experience in structuring or facilitating investments in emerging markets, structuring investment partnerships, deal structure, and brokering/match-making;
· Preferably 10+ years of relevant experience in implementing strategic and operational elements of large-scale international business and economic development projects;
· Capability to examine and identify bankable deals and companies, including for both private investment and public investment in a broad array of sectors;
· Existing relationships with a diverse set of investors is preferable;
· Understanding of USAID rules and regulations governing project compliance, procurement, and financial management preferred;
· Experience working in East, West or Southern Africa preferred; and
· Fluency in English is required with proficiency in French, Portuguese, or Arabic preferred.
About the Organization
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence and with corporate offices in the US, London, and India and more than 40 program offices around the world, we offer the following five areas of expertise, honed since we opened our doors in 1946:
- International Development
- Infrastructure, Project Development & Finance
- Economic & Regulatory Consulting
- Litigation & Expert Services
- Advisory Services
For a close view of the company’s international and domestic projects please visit our related project listings and our international project websites http://www.nathaninc.com/services