The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 100 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.
The AIIB Treasury is responsible for funding Bank operations, managing capital and debt-funded liquidity and offering financing solutions to clients. The Treasury Investment team is responsible for in-house and externally managed investment portfolios totaling approximately USD18 billion of the Bank’s capital.
The Senior Treasury Officer–Investments position is located in the Office of the Treasurer and reports to the Head of Investments–Treasury.
Investment Under the direction of the Head of Investments–Treasury, the Senior Treasury Officer– Investment has the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the investment strategy, fixed income portfolio management and trade execution in conformity to AIIB’s risk management and compliance policies and guidelines.
- Develop recommendations for security selection and portfolio positioning.
- Monitor and analyze relevant global financial market information.
- Monitor and evaluate interest rate and credit risk exposures of the Bank liquidity portfolios for both internally and externally managed funds.
- Prepare portfolio performance and other analytical reports for senior management.
- Develop and maintain Bank and broker relationships, including with external portfolio managers.
- Collaborate with other Treasury team members and with other departments such as Risk Management, Legal and Investment Operations.
- Participate in the development of Treasury investment-related policies, directives and guidance.
- Participate in internal committees and working groups as well as in relevant external conferences and peer group forums.
- Participate in interdepartmental working groups, assessing strategic ideas.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of relevant work experience, including in money market and fixed income trading and portfolio management in an international and multicurrency environment.
- Working knowledge of global debt capital markets, fixed income and currency management, interest rate and currency derivatives, structured finance and hedging strategies.
- Solid functional understanding of investment risk concepts, applications and the limitations of those approaches.
- Advanced Excel skills, familiarity with Bloomberg and other office applications.
- Ability to actively participate and contribute in a multicultural environment.
- Fluency in English, oral and written.
- Master’s degree or equivalent preferably in finance, economics, business or equivalent work experience.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which the successful applicant will enter AIIB.
About the Organization
We are the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we commenced operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 102 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors today, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.