Background and Objectives:
Louis Berger seeks a Senior TVET Advisor for a DFID-funded Skills for Employment Programme (SEP) that will work with both the public and private sector to improve the provision of skills development programmes in Nepal. The programme will enhance the ability of Nepalese workforce to find better jobs domestically and internationally with a focus on the following key sectors: ICT, Hospitality/Tourism, Agriculture, Light Industry, Construction, Hydro-Power.
The Senior TVET Advisor will be responsible for the development of the sector of vocational education and training and basic education component within the programme. S/he will support the implementation of practice- and demand-oriented education programs in Nepal with the aim of increasing accessibility and quality of vocational training offers (through public and private sector TVET providers) in order to enhance skills and knowledge for the wellbeing and employment of disadvantaged people.
The key responsibilities of the Senior TVET Advisor:
- Advice and support vocational education and training projects abroad with strategic guidance, portfolio development, institution building, capacity development and knowledge sharing at relevant interfaces within the organization
- Assess, analyze, propose and implement PPP models for delivery of demand-driven skills training working in partnership with prospective employers/anchor firms and public- and private- sector TVET providers
- Provide thematic advice to project teams, partners and clients and contribute to professional and global network discussions by representing SEP
- Lead advisory mandates for external clients (development agencies, foundations, NGOs, etc.)
- Assist in the development of education tools and guidelines, contribute to the development of advocacy positions and of the skills and education sector in Nepal
- Help mentor and train SEP staff across the regions on the approach to skills development.
- Support analytic work on:
- Improved diagnostic approaches to private sector needs and engagement in skills development
- Tools and systems to guide project and program delivery and innovative approaches to skills needs at the firm, sector and national levels
- An innovative indicator-led approach to private sector engagement in skills that leverages the Doing Business methodology.
- Strengthen organisational capacity and the capacity of SEP and Government of Nepal staff to provide affordable planning, coordination and oversight services to the TVET sector
- Provide structured and intentional capacity development opportunities for the Governmemt of Nepal and other stakeholders to emable them to assume responsibility for leading TVET planning
- Ensure quality assurance principles guide the timely collection, preparation and submission of TVET sector performance data
- Work closely with private sector and TVET training prviders to develop tri-partitie arrangements for administering demand-driven skills training with commitments for placement through risk-sharing arrangements facilitated under the SEP Challenge Fund
- Masters degree in any of the following: Business Studies, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Education & Vocational Training (TVET) or related subjects
- Thorough understanding of the TVET sector; especially in the establishment of public private partnerships through working closely with employers; TVET providers (private and public) and other players in the workforce development ecosystem
- Specific experience working on skills development and placement programmes in one or more of the following sectors: ICT, Hospitality/Tourism, Agriculture, Light Industry, Construction, and Hydropower sectors
- Transactional orientation and proven experience forging risk sharing models that facilitate skills training and upgradation with permanent placement in growth sectors working alongside prospective employers and TVET providers
- Knowledge of market development approach and M4P principles
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English
Candidate will report to the SEP Team Leader
About the Organization
The Louis Berger Group, Inc. is an internationally recognized consulting firm that provides engineering, architecture, program and construction management, environmental planning and science, and economic development services. We are a devoted and trusted partner to federal, state, and local government agencies; multilateral institutions; and commercial industry. To this diverse client base we bring strategic vision and an entrepreneurial spirit, developing innovative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging problems. Integrated Development (ID), a division within Louis Berger, offers a multi-disciplinary approach to international development.