Senior WASH Advisor, Food Security Service Center II (FSSC II), Washington, D.C.
The USAID Food Security Service Center II (FSSC II) is a five-year project managed by International Development Group (IDG). It was launched in June 2019 with the overarching goal of supporting USAID’s Bureau for Food Security (BFS) in providing a broad range of integrated and knowledge-driven technical services to USAID Missions, USAID/Washington, and other USG operating units.
USAID/BFS is seeking a Senior WASH Advisor to provide assistance to USAID/India to support the Mission’s Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) team with strategy and program management support. This is a full-time position for approximately 1 year and is located in New Delhi, India.
- Lead efforts to assess and address policy and institutional constraints impacting access and use of water and sanitation services in India and identify priority issues requiring policy reform.
- Lead efforts to assess and address financing constraints impacting access and use of water and sanitation services in India.
- Lead efforts in identifying key technical challenges in water and sanitation service provision and management in India.
- Design water/sanitation/hygiene-related strategies, programs and activities to meet Mission strategic objectives based on knowledge of international best practice and the particular constraints presented in country.
- Develop, maintain and strengthen working relationships with key partners, including national ministries, local governments, international organizations and other donors, private sector, NGOs, universities and the media, to increase synergy and promote collaborative planning.
- Develop and implement a private sector WASH Strategy to improve efficiencies.
- Lead the development of a performance management plan for all Mission activities.
- Perform Monitoring & Evaluation and regular evaluations of USAID-managed activities.
- Monitor and document development impacts and resolve implementation issues in an efficient and professional manner.
- Provide briefings to USAID and its partners on the status of USAID water and sanitation activities in India. Prepare and deliver presentations on the same issues to local government and USG officials and international and local program partners and colleagues.
- Education: Minimum of Master’s Degree in environmental management, public health, engineering, public administration or related field is required.
- Years of Experience: minimum of 8 years’ demonstrated management experience and 3 years’ experience in water supply, sanitation, and hygiene programming.
- Experience in developing countries required and experience in India highly valued. The position requires a combination of managerial, technical, and analytical, abilities along with the demonstrated ability to manage resources, programs and people. Knowledge of development programming and project management required as demonstrated through education and/or experience.
- Knowledge of water and sanitation sector development in Asia, including state-of-the art approaches in technology selection, policies/enabling environment, institutional structures, community governance, financing, environmental sustainability, and social/cultural issues including gender.
- Direct experience in the management of USAID or other bilateral or multilateral donor-funded projects required.
- Desired but not required:
- Direct hands-on experience in WASH and/or informal urban settlements and knowledge of governance and capacity building of local governments, utilities, regulatory agencies.
- Expertise in the areas of sustainability, systems-based approaches to development, WASH, policy reform, and program design.
- Experience in private sector engagement and WASH finance.
- Skill Set Required:
- Ability to manage resources, programs and people and interact effectively and diplomatically with representatives of national and local governments and USG agency staff.
- Good interpersonal and team building skills.
- Prior experience in India and in WASH.
- Level IV (fluent) in English is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Hindi highly valued but not required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! To learn more about International Development Group, please visit our website: https://www.internationaldevelopmentgroup.com/
IDG is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.